Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonest, Discracefull and just plain sad.

Dishonest, Discracefull and just plain sad.

One of my friends was going to through used Victoria looking for a deal on some hunting equipment whe he stumbled on to this add.

Hi

I'm looking for some property owners ( fields Etc) that have geese/ducks at his land. I have all the legal papers that one needs to hunt or carry a weapon (gun or a bow)

Thanks,
    This is the picture that was with the ad.

Hmm, this picture looks familar? It even had the HuntingBC water mark in the ad. So I figured I'd play his game and get someone to send an email off to this chap to see if I could get at least a name.

Here is the email and his reply.

Hi there ducks and geese sound good,yes you are allowed to hunt ducks and geese when they are in season.Duck and geese season was over as of last week. It will reopen again on feb 21 or so.If you like there can be as little as two people or many as five people at one time.No the dog belongs to a friend of mine, great hunter. If you like to eat ducks and geese I could clean them for you as well,in return for you allowing us on your property. Please let us know when would be the best time for you.
    CHEERS!

> Subject: UsedVictoria.com: Buyers Question - LAND FOR HUNTING*
    > To: styles_133@msn.com
    > From: info@usedeverywhere.com
    > Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:54:56 -0600
    >
    >says: Hi. I may be able to help you out. I have some land here on Vancouver Island that has ducks and geese on it all the time. Are you allowed to hunt canadian geese in Canada? I thought they were illegal to hunt?
    > How often were you thinking of hunting it and when is the hunting season. How many of you would be on my property? Is that your dog? Is it well trained? I would not want it to bother my livestock? Get back to me as I am seriously considering it. Would you be able to give me a few ducks and geese for the use of the land?
    >
    I've never met this person let alone hunted with him. He lied even when asked about the dog in the picture. This why it's so hard for us honest people out there to get permission to hunt. Because some people don't have the common decency to tell the truth and have to steal other peoples pictures from the internet and using the HuntingBC watermark to portray that they are decent law abiding hunters but in reality they lie through there teeth to try and get a piece of land to hunt on.

The email address is in the quotation if anyone wants to give him a piece of their mind.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dishonest, Discracefull and just plain sad.

LOL awsome.

Like Jim Carey said L O O O O O SER
    What a thing to pull.....
    Besides if we didn't whine,how would people ignore us ???

that is a good looking dog Marc. Is he really trained that well to just go hunt for others? Do you charge rent on him? It really sucks to have someone steal your dog even if it is jus a picture.

1 email sent by ddog and i think i am going to cut and copy it and send it 1000 more times, lol

Very unclassy. Even stealing your picture is grounds for being pissed since they used it to "show" how good they were. Obvisiously they are just jealous since they dont have a picture of their own.

Sad thing though, is since you posted this here, they'll probably read it now, how else would they of found the picture in the first place. Should've had him come visit you first, and put him in his place.

Almost as bad as the internet scouters. Trying to find locations from the backgrounds in pictures.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Yup that sucks for sure.

Personally i would have tried to "stick it to them" first before posting......
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

Steeleco and Elkhound put me up to it.... Its not my fault.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Marc, have you called this guy out and heard what he had to say about this, heard his explanation for being a looser.Is there anything you can do to prevent your picture from being run in the add again?
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by nasty5000 View Post
    Yup that sucks for sure.

Personally i would have tried to "stick it to them" first before posting......
    I've got a name and some other information on this guy. If I didn't have what I needed I wouldn't have posted up.

I've also sent a complaint to Used Victoria so I don't expect the add to be up much longer.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF