View Poll Results: What gun is the best?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extrema 2

69 46.00%
  • sbe2

37 24.67%
  • sx2

18 12.00%
  • Browning gold

26 17.33%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best waterfowling gun?

Re: What is the best waterfowling gun?

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    When yer standing in the marsh and yer expensive "Ferrari" is all jammed up don't come looking to borrow my "Pinto". Sounds like some serious penis envy goin on here. Let me guess, you shoot 3.5" over decoys for ducks too? Fill yer boots!! K

Sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    When yer standing in the marsh and yer expensive "Ferrari" is all jammed up don't come looking to borrow my "Pinto". Sounds like some serious penis envy goin on here. Let me guess, you shoot 3.5" over decoys for ducks too? Fill yer boots!! K
    Just because you can not roll with the big boys, does not make you any less of a waterfowler.

Ben

Lets look at this in another light... shall we?!

in Uraguay, when people are shooting 1000 shots a day killing doves ect... there are 1 of 2 brands that you will see in thier hands for that day...

Berreta or Benelli. NOT WINCHESTER, NOT REMMINGTON, NOT MOSSBERG.

none other then the Italian auto loaders. there is a good reason why. when one of these guns gets broken PROPERLY in they will continue to cycle any load, with perfection for 150,000 rounds then you start getting your problems.

The SX2 or the SX3 and Browning Gold are awsome guns but they don't cycle aswell when they are dirty... this is why Benelli and Berreta have that Niche market.

does winchester make a great waterfowling gun, YES... Do Berreta and Benelli make better ones, YES!

the argument about the 870 over the Extrema 2 is a mute point because the guns are actually on the oposite side of the gun shelf one is a pump and one is an auto.

A guy worth $10,000,000 will simpily not spend the money on a 870 because the quality that he wants is not there.

A guy with a limited budget will look at and use a 870 before the Extrema because the $400 for the 870 is affordable for the quality and the Extrema is not worth the $2300 to him.

If someone actually thinks a 870 is a better build gun then a Berreta or benelli, then you need to get your head checked, face reality and get on with it.

PS - I dont have any of the guns listed on here!! i just do the research and Regurgitate the facts

I will take my guns made from wood and steel any day thanks. Not plastic and composite junk. Limited budget? I dunno about you boys, but my two Wingmasters cost me $700 and $800 for .410 and 12ga respectively. Those aren't exactly 'cheap' guns. Not to insult the '870 Express', but they aren't even close to the quality of a Wingmaster.

So, I guess I should get my head checked You can keep your plastic junk, I will keep my warhorses

Dutchie even though you are from whiterock you sound like a decent guy and us ladner boys agree with you. if you want to come out waterfowling anytime pm team beretta we would gladly take you out.
    Beretta its not just a gun its a lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    I will take my guns made from wood and steel any day thanks. Not plastic and composite junk. Limited budget? I dunno about you boys, but my two Wingmasters cost me $700 and $800 for .410 and 12ga respectively. Those aren't exactly 'cheap' guns. Not to insult the '870 Express', but they aren't even close to the quality of a Wingmaster.

So, I guess I should get my head checked You can keep your plastic junk, I will keep my warhorses
    Maybe instead of buying two 870's you should have saved your money and bought one Italian auto-loader and they do come with wood stocks and might I add better quality wood than the 870.

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    you are trying to make Remmington sound like the Queen of England when you are going up against Alexander the Geat - Beretta and Benelli

as long as you know that you have the best, that is all that matters isn't it?

I don't even shoot one of these guns!!!

dutchie

If i could find a new one I would want one of the ruger SS overunders with the 26 inch barrel they had a couple of years ago.

f 350 Dont worry my ferrari wont jam up and as far as I having to borrow you "PINTO" I have a few too. When your super x jams or beats you up to much I am sure we can find another Beretta for you to shoot. As far as penis evny is concerned I am not lacking in this area.PGK you said earlier that you would not buy a plastic or composite junk only wood. I too own lovely guns with wood they have a place also in the hunting world. Just not mine. I hunt far too often in the fields and marsh for wood as it will look like you know what after one season. How is the waterfowling in 7-15. I hear canada goose hunting is really good in vanderhoof. There is even a guide up there I believe his outfit is called honkers. we heard about this when we were up moose hunting.
    Beretta its not just a gun its a lifestyle!

Wing and Trout Outfitters is the name I believe. He is actually a member on this site but doesnt post much but I think he reads most of the posts.

I know a bunch of local guys who went up on a guided hunt and really hammered them. Limits real quick. Its pretty much the first food and stop the birds make once they're out of alaska.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?