View Poll Results: What gun is the best?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extrema 2

69 46.00%
  • sbe2

37 24.67%
  • sx2

18 12.00%
  • Browning gold

26 17.33%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best waterfowling gun?

Re: What is the best waterfowling gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwa-honn View Post
    The Hell with the chocolate..... GO SPAGHETTI...Benelli!!!!!
    My first brand new shot gun is a 870. It just sits in the cabinet now. I used a ll87 then a sx2 now a SBE2. I have loved them all but by far the sbe2 has been the best for me.
    Hey pattern master you hit a few I will give you that but remember even the sun shines on a dogs butt once in a while. lol
    That’s great if the sbe2 has been the best for you. The emphasis is on “best for YOU” that does not mean it is for everybody else too.

For ME, and only me, it’s the Benelli Super Nova, the Mossberg 535 ATS and Remington 870 Wingmaster. Why? Because I know these guns and what they are capable of and I feel comfortable shooting them but I never would be bigheaded enough to claim that therefore everybody else should own one of these one too.

Like I said brand does not come into the equation when I choose a gun, or any other hunting and fishing gadget for that matter.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Oh and by the way calling a new 870 wingmaster or waterfowl special a starter gun is an insult to the good folks at Remington arms. The fact that they can and do use the exact same design to make an economy model and that there top end model is still a fraction of the cost of an Italian gun is to their credit IMO.

If you're not shooting steel, I'd say a nice old Parker is the best. I shoot a Browning Gold and have never had any problems with it.
    ________
    Lamborghini V12
    Last edited by porcupine; 01-29-2011 at 10:22 AM.

There are a lot of great shotguns out there, shoot what suits you. If your looking for a waterfowl specific shotgun you might want to try and find a shotgun that's designed to work well in the harshest of elements like salt water, mud, sleet, and snow. Synthetic stock and some kind of parkkerised finish and plating of internal components to prevent corrosion.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    I wouldn't shoot one of those ugly overpriced plastic pieces of junk if you gave me one for free
    I think that we all know that this statement is alittle over the top. I use to think the same way when I bought my Benelli Super Nova, I sold that and got a Berreta Silver Pigeon S687 V and love the double tap. 2 shots 2 birds down and then I can reload and have a crack at another 2 birds. (just a very very very expencive feild gun)

I am currently waiting for the Benelli Vinchi to come out to see it and get all the literature, I want a Gas gun rather then Inertia driven because of the sensation of the spring... if the Vinchi Shoots very nice I will concider it, or it will be between the Extrema 2 and the SX3 for me. (SX3 for the $$$ and Extrema 2 for the Overall gun)

dutchie

[QUOTE=huntwriter;406031]That’s great if the sbe2 has been the best for you. The emphasis is on “best for YOU” that does not mean it is for everybody else too.

That is why i wrote best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunjohn View Post
    Oh and by the way calling a new 870 wingmaster or waterfowl special a starter gun is an insult to the good folks at Remington arms. The fact that they can and do use the exact same design to make an economy model and that there top end model is still a fraction of the cost of an Italian gun is to their credit IMO.

Maybe you should try an Italian auto loader and you will understand the difference in price."what would you rather drive?" a Pinto(870) or a Ferrari(any Italian auto loader) me personally I am going for performance, looks and comfort and the pinto does not offer any of these options, its cut and dry you got to go for the Ferrari.

just my 2cents

Wow...calling the 870 the "pinto" of the shotgun world...come on buddy, give it a little more credit than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer John View Post
    Wow...calling the 870 the "pinto" of the shotgun world...come on buddy, give it a little more credit than that.
    Sorry I will retract that comment, how about an "AMC Pacer"

Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    Maybe you should try an Italian auto loader and you will understand the difference in price."what would you rather drive?" a Pinto(870) or a Ferrari(any Italian auto loader) me personally I am going for performance, looks and comfort and the pinto does not offer any of these options, its cut and dry you got to go for the Ferrari.

just my 2cents
    When yer standing in the marsh and yer expensive "Ferrari" is all jammed up don't come looking to borrow my "Pinto". Sounds like some serious penis envy goin on here. Let me guess, you shoot 3.5" over decoys for ducks too? Fill yer boots!! K