View Poll Results: What gun is the best?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extrema 2

69 46.00%
  • sbe2

37 24.67%
  • sx2

18 12.00%
  • Browning gold

26 17.33%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best waterfowling gun?

Re: What is the best waterfowling gun?

As you get more experience water fowling you will understand what I am talking about.(reliability and comfort)

just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    Yeh, the Remington is a good choice for a entry level shotgun, but after it jams(1100 and 1187) and kicks the hell out of you(870), you will see the light. You get what you pay for.(a pos)
    just my 2cents
    and 2 cents it is.......

http://www.deltawaterfowl.org/magazi.../gunsurvey.php
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I do not think Benson was arguing the fact that the 870 is a cheap and reliable gun which makes it popular with the masses I think he or she is just saying when you look at comfort, reliability and recoil issue the 870 does not even compare to most of the modern day auto loaders, I bet if you dropped the price of these modern day auto loaders to $400 they too would be Delta Waterfowls best gun. I bet if you put a modern day auto loader into 870 owners hand and let him shoot it for a season, that 870 would be up for sale on hunt B.C. at the end of that season. I have a 870 and a BPS, since I bought a Extrema2 they have been collecting dust, the 870 and the BPS do not even compare, my friend has sbe2 I have used it and the 870, BPS does not compare I have shot sx1 and sx2 the 870 does not compare, when you compare an 870 with a modern day auto loader you are comparing apples with oranges no comparison.
    Killer

I wouldn't shoot one of those ugly overpriced plastic pieces of junk if you gave me one for free

I think Crazy Farmer nailed it.

It's a Chev vs Ford vs Chrysler debate really.

This is definitely a ford v.s. chev question , but it was phrased (which is the best waterfowl gun). I have not shot all of the above but will give another vote to the 870. Reliability over time in ugly conditions that has not been equaled by any autoloader in IMO. But then I'm getting old and set in my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    All of the above are POS junk. Buy a Remington and save yourself the headache
    My POS BPS has been killing ducks and geese for 25 years with a once a year stripdown for cleaning.

if its a function of price the 870 or bps are hard to beat for function and reliability. this past dec. we were hunting geese in minus 22 weather all were auto loaders and all performed flawlessly.the four were benelli,beretta sx3 and browning gold. it seens these guns have come a long way fron the rem.1100 of old which i have found that one had to keep really clean to be functional. i own three of the four brands mentioned and have been happy with all 3. the only one i dont own is a benelli.....fowl

Quote Originally Posted by branthunter View Post
    My POS BPS has been killing ducks and geese for 25 years with a once a year stripdown for cleaning.
    BPS is not on the list. I would have made an exception for the venerable BPS

well i might as well jump into the fray. 870 express, toughest gun around. i'd gladly sacrifice a little comfort for something you could drop in the ocean and beat a rabid coyote over the head and not think twice.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER