View Poll Results: What gun is the best?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extrema 2

69 46.00%
  • sbe2

37 24.67%
  • sx2

18 12.00%
  • Browning gold

26 17.33%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: What is the best waterfowling gun?

Re: What is the best waterfowling gun?

Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    Yeh, the Remington is a good choice for a entry level shotgun, but after it jams(1100 and 1187) and kicks the hell out of you(870), you will see the light. You get what you pay for.(a pos)
    if you dont like recoil and you feel it when you are shooting at birds you are either a terrible shot and shoot everything at once, or just a pu55y and should shoot a 20 gauge.

i shoot an old 870 and a SX3, i cant really tell you if one is better.... IMHO just get the one that looks the best, they are all good guns, you just want it to look as good as it works

contray to fowlweathers sage advice, people that have shot competitively recoil will eventually develop a resistance to recoil..try and find a gun that fits you well rather then the look of the gun.fit allows you to keep your head on the stock will shooting,very important.if you can afford it try a semi automatic, as they have less recoil.if some one called me a pu55y for shooting an auto i would consider the source.....fowl

Mossberg 500 and a mossberg 930, look I have proof.
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

I had a low budget for my first gun this year and went with an sxp ($420 i think?). I tried the 870 express as it was close in price and the sxp felt more comfortable for me so I went with that. It also had the synthetic stock but for me its just to get ducks and geese. I guess we will see how the reliability goes down the road but so good so far. I don't know if I'll need another gun, but I used my friends bps and I was a better shot with my sxp, maybe just the lightness factor or the way it seems to fit on my shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by fowlweather View Post
    if you dont like recoil and you feel it when you are shooting at birds you are either a terrible shot and shoot everything at once, or just a pu55y and should shoot a 20 gauge.

i shoot an old 870 and a SX3, i cant really tell you if one is better.... IMHO just get the one that looks the best, they are all good guns, you just want it to look as good as it works

Why do you make comments on things you do not now about? You obviously do not know anything about shotguns as you own a 870 and a sx3, one gun is outdated and the other is a feeble attempt to compete with the Italian designed guns. Do you even know anything about waterfowling!
    Don't you wish you could be like me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duckkiller View Post
    Extrema2, SBE2, SX2, Browning Gold?
    None of the above, it's the one that fits you best, simple as that. For me its my Remington 1100.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

X2 on that FirePower.

X3, sure miss my P350
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

best shotgun is one that fits best to you shoulder and takes birds down... it can be pump- semi-auto side by side -ow-und- or whatever......usually gun you been practice most shooting and get used to be.. i like my wingmaster [old] but i like my valmet o-a...too but it is not for steel pellets..too bad.

I like my mossberg 500 series... cheap ,easy to clean ,reliable , long lasting and it will do the same as any other pump action out there... oh yeah did I say cheap , with the money you save you can buy a good set of waders from cabelas
    One time somebody asked me "Can I call you a cab?" and I replied "Ya if I can call you an idiot."