Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: choke

BCHunter Guest

choke

what choke do you have in your 12g? I was cleaning mine today and took the choke tube out of my Browning BPS and it was a IMP CYL-Steel

is this good? what are you using for a choke?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: choke

improved cyl is for close range less then 40yds (alot less with steel) you would want a modified or full choke
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Post Re: choke

I got Invector Plus tubes in my BPS, the one I've used 99% of the time is a Mod Steel/IC Lead seems to work well, I like an open pattern for geese
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

http://www.trulockchokes.com/chokeinfo.asp
    http://www.mossberg.com/anatomychoke.htm

I on my 870 i use "imp cyl' in dense cover , if it is a bit open or a grab bag of situations i use "modified" (modified is kinda the best all around), and if i expect to be throwing them down range i actually use my "improved modified" tube.
    Last edited by Barracuda; 10-23-2005 at 08:23 PM.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

BCHunter Guest

omg so its been the wrong choke! i never even thought to look until today! its been in the gun since i bought it yrs ago...

Firebird you agree full choke..? i have one that came with the gun

thanks guys...this may change things in the field now!

I've always used modified choke even with lead shot years ago. I shoot fairly close for the most part.

What length barrel have you got Dan? Mine is 28 but a friend has a 30" full that he had reamed out to modified and he seems to hit the birds a little better at long range.
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

BChunter steel shot does not like a full choke especially anything bigger then #3 use a modified choke if you've got one.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

BCHunter Guest

30 inch barrel...

most shots for us at the field are 30-40 yards...what should i do...leave it with the imp cyl or go full?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    BChunter steel shot does not like a full choke especially anything bigger then #3 use a modified choke if you've got one.

Marc.
    I agree.
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

BCHunter Guest

this is the one i want to use..the full choke one...

on my choke tube case it says with the three notches on the tube means:
    with Lead Shot M=Modified
    with Steel Shot F*=Full

the (*) = when two tubes are listed for a given steel pattern, use the more open choke listed when shooting high velocity, larger shot size loads

does this help...