Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crow

BCHunter Guest

crow

EC BC Guide shooting at a crow...I'm blowing the call

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showph...cat=500&page=1

2. Site Sponsor

Re: crow

Couldn't have missed by much since he changed directions so quick! Bet that Crow won't be so quick to listen to a stranger next time either! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Post Re: crow

you gave the 'take him' call too early, the crow was still on the outside fringe of shotgun range

also after you shoot, lay on the distressed crow call, sometimes it'll turn em around
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

BCHunter Guest

i know i called it to early...it wasn't meant for him to fire just to let him know it was coming into him.

Talking Re: crow

called in a crow this morning to about 20 yards straight at me, until he ran into a wall of #2 steel
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

BCHunter Guest

rub it in even more! lol

hey bc you need an owl on a post, and a hooter call then you have fun with the crows. you can also get a crow decoy from sir mailorder. my new russels catalog came today ill check it out latter.

Thumbs up Re: crow

a buddy and I shot 40 crows in about 3 hours one morning with 2 crow dekes and an owl deke with a black sock tied to its feet. wiggle wiggle with the fishing line...

Why would you hunt crows? Are they edible?
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

because they're pests and listed as so in the BC regs