Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crow

Re: crow

Ahh... ok.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

BJ, I live very near to 248th and 16thAve. At 16th and about 250th you would not believe all the flipping crows. From now til about March there will be litterally thousands of them roosting there. There are 2 or 3 more rookeries like that within a 4 mile radius. Consider the mess,the stink and the noise then add in the potential for disease! Unfortunately we cannot shoot them there. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hmmm every morning at 5 am @ Sheridan lake crows invaded..loud obnoxious. .and the amount of shit on the truck and car..Grrrrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrr
    Plenty of them..painin the ass nuisances. .
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm every morning at 5 am @ Sheridan lake crows invaded..loud obnoxious. .and the amount of shit on the truck and car..Grrrrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrr
    Plenty of them..painin the ass nuisances. .
    Srupp
    Srupp, they are damned smart. They probably figured out you have a hate on for them and come by to piss you off! Guy I went to school with in Kamloops raised a baby crow. It would land on the field when we were doing PE looking for him. Seriously, it could say ‘where’s Paul’. Not a big fan of crows but have a soft spot for Ravens. My cousin got a deer a few years ago because of a raven. It kept doing flips and cawing. He figured why not check it out. Hiked over and found a buck. The raven fed well that nigh. Saves my wife and me from running into a grizzly and a kill years ago. We were hiking down towards a creek in the west Koots, I had a nervous feeling heading down to the creek, then a bunch of ravens took off calling. We backed up the hillside and watched a grizzly down by the creek.

Crows, magpies and cowbirds. The scourge of songbirds. I whack them whenever I get the chance. Crows have very good facial recognition. They give my area a wide berth.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I don't shoot Crows, Ravens, with the exception of the odd annoying Magpie. I Like feeding the Crows and Ravens Mice and Voles that we trap around here, they wait for them to be put out for them. They hide where you can't see them then come down from some tree and get them when the coast is clear. We give them bread too and they dip the dried bread in water then eat it.

A real smart bird, I saw a thing where the guys who use hawks to kill Crows and Ravens...they taught the Hawks to catch the Crows... but not kill them, then they would let the Crows go free. The Released Crow would go back and tell all the other Crows to not go to that place.