Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: southern interior mule deer strategy?

Re: southern interior mule deer strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Yes I do and I can remember clearly how one stacked club could effect the regional decision . Hmmmm?
    Nope. Constitution of the region prevents that.

Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

The constitution is great when you have clubs with representatives it are not strongly influenced by a club that seems to think that they have all the answers. I have seen a lack of of wildlife interest in
    the past from some of the largest clubs in their representation, usually due to a larger focus on their in house affairs at the time.

It is too bad all this management thread jump the tracks into Mule Deer Strategy and hasn't continued along the Management Thread that I started.
    it is very clear how one concern can so concern can so easily effect the other and a overlap can result. Kind of like Wildlife Management

In the future any questions should be directed to the Original Wildlife Management Thread

Back at you

Where has there been a successful wildlife story in BC in the past ten years.
    Something thats been done by Government and the BCWF thats made a notable difference?

I am not talking some bird recovery project either, not that I hate birds.
    Wouldn't want anyone confused and start another attack.

Let's be clear: You have said that wildlife management in the last 10 years has been poor, before that it was decent/good. That was about 20 posts ago.

You've been asked multiple times to rationalize or support that assertion with some kind or any kind of argument. You have said that the problem isn't with hunting seasons it's with 'poor management practices', without substantiating that either.

So the questions are:

Which poor management practices have been employed in the last 10 years as compared to the last 20, 30 or 40?

Secondly, and getting back to the original question, do you have any evidence to support your assertion that in the last 10 years management has gone from good/decent to poor?

What I am trying to understand is what your issue is, because at this point your view of the world is "I don't like the last 10 years, and everything before that was good/decent." You haven't provided any rational, evidence, or fact to substantiate why management went from good/decent to poor in a matter of 10 years or even said what your issue is.

Please support what you have said with some kind of rational argument so the rest of us have even the foggiest clue of what you are talking about.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

The constitution is great when you have clubs with representatives it are not strongly influenced by a club that seems to think that they have all the answers. I have seen a lack of of wildlife interest in
    the past from some of the largest clubs in their representation, usually due to a larger focus on their in house affairs at the time.
    So, you've gone from saying that clubs stack the vote to saying that to saying that clubs can be swayed by convincing arguments to saying that apathetic clubs don't show up and have their ideas heard.

Which is it?

Or do you just invent some other malaise when you're proven incorrect on your prior assertions?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Let's be clear: You have said that wildlife management in the last 10 years has been poor, before that it was decent/good. That was about 20 posts ago.

You've been asked multiple times to rationalize or support that assertion with some kind or any kind of argument. You have said that the problem isn't with hunting seasons it's with 'poor management practices', without substantiating that either.

So the questions are:

Which poor management practices have been employed in the last 10 years as compared to the last 20, 30 or 40?

Secondly, and getting back to the original question, do you have any evidence to support your assertion that in the last 10 years management has gone from good/decent to poor?

What I am trying to understand is what your issue is, because at this point your view of the world is "I don't like the last 10 years, and everything before that was good/decent." You haven't provided any rational, evidence, or fact to substantiate why management went from good/decent to poor in a matter of 10 years or even said what your issue is.

Please support what you have said with some kind of rational argument so the rest of us have even the foggiest clue of what you are talking about.
    Maybe read Al Martins Report Strategic Initiatives Report

Lack of investment from the government for fish and wildlife. ( how do we do proper studies?)
    Mountain Caribou Decline
    Moose populations down 50-70%
    Mule deer and Elk or down in parts of BC
    Hunter Numbers Sky Rocketed

If management thinks that this is a good way to run things Liberal Seasons with more hunting pressure knowing the money isn't available.
    watch for future declines..

You can probably count the success stories on one hand.

Lack of investment from the government for fish and wildlife. ( how do we do proper studies?)
    Mountain Caribou Decline

If management thinks that this is a good way to run things Liberal Seasons with more hunting pressure knowing the money isn't available.

simple question- how many of those declines can be attributed to legal hunting seasons?
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    simple question- how many of those declines can be attributed to legal hunting seasons?
    How do you know their not? IT'S ALL factored.
    Last edited by bownut; 02-22-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Historic high of approximately 180,000 licensed hunters, and now we sit at roughly 105,000. I believe the low was 86,000. How could this province sustain 180K hunters, and now it is failing at 105,000? Doesn't add up.

The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Mountain Caribou Decline

I'm trying to sort all of this out.

So, your issue is: "Liberal seasons with more hunting pressure" in the last 10 years versus the 30 years before that? That is what you consider poor versus good/decent management?
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Mountain Caribou Decline

From my own eyes I can tell you that deer numbers are down in 8-15 and that is both Whitetail and Mulie. I am not talking about during hunting season but I am talking about on winter range. I have lived here since 1979 and can tell you numbers have not come up in the past 10 years and whitetail numbers outside of Grand forks are down also. I am all over this country all winter and the deer are just not there..and yes tracks in the snow do tell the story. I think the two biggest factors are access and predator numbers.