Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: area 2-08

Re: area 2-08

most time it's very frustrating for me to see so many atvs screwing around for nothing. a lot of them aren't hunters. One day I saw another poor hunter driving along the logging road with his raised pickup, stopping from time to time and walking into the woods to check around. And the spots he was interested in are in my books too. I did find some good spots on map, but either they aren't accessible with my van due to the road condition, or the logging company just ditched road out. I'm not afraid of hiking up there, but the problem is how could I pack the game out if I get something really big? Time is another key resource to me. Right now I could hardly go for any trip more than a day after I used up all my vac days on my kid. Like today, the weather was unexpectedly good so I had to take her to my friend's farm in Langley to let her play with cows and horses. Well there're a lot deer and bears going through this farm, but you can't shoot them though.

not a good day to go up, the visibility from my house in this fog is about 50 yards, hope the clouds lift, maybe this afternoon. funny thing is i havent used my atv for three years. i take it out in the yard to keep the batterie up and thats it. dave and bill youll have to buy a 649, its at 40 mil, then you can buy a big ranch to hunt on,good luck ,mark
    Last edited by ruger#1; 10-23-2005 at 08:03 AM.

I use my ATV every year to get me in there and also to haul out my game when I get lucky.This year I rode it to the top of the Mtn.that I hunt,got soaked while
    hunting,it was very foggy and wet,saw some does and fawns.While riding back to camp wet and dejected I spotted a nice 4 point Whitetail which (was posted here).Left the atv running,stepped off,loaded up and shot the deer.Loaded it up and rode back to camp.End of story.Sometimes you just get lucky.

Your right Ronforca, it's all about timing, sometimes I think if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. But then when you least expect it, CLICK-BOOM, that smile last's a long time.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

deer are up high and the quads are down low , the only way your going to get a quad where i hunt, is if you use a helicopter. remember if one of those potatoe heads on atvs run into you and has no insurance, then it is your deductible that pays for all the damages. any quad on a frs road has to be insured. any motor vehical.

Hey Mark the next time that you come up this potatoe head will haul your Deer out for you.Ha Ha.Seems that I see a Blue machine around quite a bit.

not talking about up there im talking about down here where they come around the corners like they own the road, they also pass you on the right hand side of the road ond shoot rocks at your wind sheild, those are the potatoe heads im talking about.my blue machine hasnt been on a hunting trip for a long time. next time they try to pass me on the right hand side, they are going to go in the ditch, and that might teach them you dont fight a atv against a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1
    not talking about up there im talking about down here where they come around the corners like they own the road, they also pass you on the right hand side of the road ond shoot rocks at your wind sheild, those are the potatoe heads im talking about.my blue machine hasnt been on a hunting trip for a long time. next time they try to pass me on the right hand side, they are going to go in the ditch, and that might teach them you dont fight a atv against a truck.
    Exactly! I myself have saved a lot of their asses by showing courtesy and respect to all road users.

Hey Mark just trying to get a rise out of you .

keep trying, haveing a deer roast from that princeton deer, it is mouth watering good, slow cooker with onion soup on top. mmmm hey it dont rise anymore, unless she is blond. 29 years old and a 36x24x36, see now you got me off this thread.
    Last edited by ruger#1; 10-23-2005 at 06:04 PM.