Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Trapping Thread

Re: Wolf Trapping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brock77 View Post
    proguide66.....AKA....deer saver/wolf slayer.....
    He sure is Deadly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvider View Post
    Nice work steve, hopefully you can lower the wolf population. Any ideas where to take the trapping course around the sea to sky area? My father used to teach ot in ontario but I never took it. Be a good little hobby for the winter and try to help out the deer
    We did a 'little' digging a few years back and had to fill a class with 6 of us and went to 100 mile with Paul Blackwell ( think that was his name)....3 days??...I was never motivated to be a trapper , more like ' gimme the damned license and get me outta here so I can get wolves'..lol....some lower mainland guys 'might' know of a class ??

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvider View Post
    Nice work steve, hopefully you can lower the wolf population. Any ideas where to take the trapping course around the sea to sky area? My father used to teach ot in ontario but I never took it. Be a good little hobby for the winter and try to help out the deer

I just finished taking the course last weekend! It was in Maple Ridge and the instructor is Allen Starkey. You can contact him at (604) 467-3682, or e-mail: starkey@telus.net He puts on the courses at his house whenever he has enough people (8 or more) signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Was just looking over this thread to get motivated on doggies...noticed the amount of views , holy shit!...maybe should add to this thread a bit and get 100,000 views on it..crazy shit.
    This thread should get a sticky.

PG, I've enjoyed reading this and the previous threads on trapping. I'm looking forward to following the thread again this winter. JF

Quote Originally Posted by jamfarm View Post
    This thread should get a sticky.

PG, I've enjoyed reading this and the previous threads on trapping. I'm looking forward to following the thread again this winter. JF
    Its cool to read isnt it!!...this is the first wolf trapping thread , the next yuear was wolf trapping thread 2010.....it gained some speed and got some real experienced guys on here...original intention was to get up interest in wolf trapping province wide and I think it worked to some extent.....its acytually not very hard to get into it...and in the end , its up to US to make a difference where its needed.....too bad for places like clearwater....writting was on the wall a few years ago for that area and a few others , a handful of eager sportsmen/ wolf trappers can make a difference!!

Looks like this thread is going to hit 100 grand views...wonder who the 100,000 person will be???

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Looks like this thread is going to hit 100 grand views...wonder who the 100,000 person will be???
    Jelvis .
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    Jelvis .
    maybe there should be a prize , haha....free trip to sooke er somethin ,

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    This thread is awsome !Will try and knock a couple down this winter , heard from a friend there is a few out copper canyon .
    Also a few out Nitinat Valley way and Nanaimo Lakes

someones gonna be 'lucky one hundred thou ' any minute!

Good job with the wolves, i have three bait stations on the go been feeding two big packs for over a month. My goal is to trap 20 plus wolves this year, they are thick up here. My buddy trapped over 50 thats right 50 last year!!! Its alot of fun and helps out the moose and elk!! Alot of people dont realize how unhealthy the wolf population is up here!! there are so many they are literally starving/ very mangie looking. Well i hope to have some pics in by the end of jan!! GOOD luck and keep up the good work!!