Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Trapping Thread

Re: Wolf Trapping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I have a trappers license but no trap line how do you do you find a inactive trap line and get a permit to trap on it?
    You get ahold of your nearest wildlife management and ask them to give you the number for the trapping section ,then go from there.

I talked to one of the head personal in Nanaimo about where I wanted to trap and they sent me the trap line areas that are registered ,it shows the registered area highlighted in dark lines.

I told the personal person my email address and they sent them to me.

If there is a registerd trap line active you can not trap on there registered line ,if they give you permission then you can trap in there area that is registered ,its up to the person that has this trap line to give you the ok or the no.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-18-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Here's the main 'hardware'..snares hanging in tree..NOT TOUCHED since last spring.

Here's some VERY rut stinky hind leg 'hides' wired to a tree in a VERY well used wolf crossing.

The pic of a set snare has wolf tracks going through the last couple days.....note the twigs standing on end under the snare to keep the wolf's head up when he goes through.

I wired the hides high on a tree to keep the wolves ' milling around' a bit more in case I miss them when they travel through.

There's around 40 snares in this one spot. I am VERY confident there will be some success here in the next week...or up to month...either way , I WILL get wolves caught in this one spot.
    Last edited by proguide66; 01-18-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: add more info

Thats really cool proguide, looking forward to following this thread.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Here's more of ' the gear' for the task.

Even of no success...look what ya get to see/do in the off season.

Un related to thread..but , here's one of our club's 'live deer' traps 'loaded' for action for a deer wrestle in the am.

So..all in all...lots of good wolf sign , loads of bobcat sign. I'm not targeting cats , but the higher I set the snares , seems the higher the bobcats jump to get in them and comitt suicide!!...but , at $400 each , they can take some cost off of chasing wolves.

60 snares placed today...should have close to 200 to 250 snares out in the next week and half....then we shall see what comes !!

looks more like a Gatehouse trap. If you look close you can see the Hustler mag and a six pack of kokanee in the back
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I'm lookin' forward to the ride on this thread.
    Should be a goodun'.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean