Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G5 Tekan II's vs Rocky Mtn Snypers or Revolutions

Re: G5 Tekan II's vs Rocky Mtn Snypers or Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by blacktail3113
    best broadhead out there !!!! I have broken shoulder bones with them,this year my GF shot a blacktail; through both shoulders with a pass through, but that arrow right back in the quiver.
    To which head are you referring?
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

i am referring to the spitfire and the grimreapers..if you are not familiar with them you need to fire them at your target at least once to see how they fly for you. so far they have all flown excactly like the field points.

Brotherjack---------- I have used the Muzzy broadheads and have no problem with them, Granted I have only taken one deer with them but they worked beautifully. MIKE
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer
    Brotherjack---------- I have used the Muzzy broadheads and have no problem with them, Granted I have only taken one deer with them but they worked beautifully.
    Yeah, I like my Muzzy's too, but I'm getting more and more set that I'd like a field-point-accuracy to hunt with, and short of getting a better crossbow (which I can't afford), I think mechanicals are my only viable option.

plain and simple, you want consistent field point accuracy then mechanical broadheads are the only choice..
    there are so many to choose from if you go on the cabelas website you will see what i mean..all my bowhunting partners use thunderhead 100GR. and they all have to shoot each 1 in the target and then number their arrows in the order of wich one flies more true. I have switched to mechanicals for as long as i can remember now and have never had one fail me yet. The only ones that have failed are because i missed! I like the spitfire cut on impact mechanical heads and have just recently got a few of those ones have yet to shoot one at an animal though, and the 1 1/2 inch cutting diameter is nice to, puts a big hole in the selected target.

twist on a montec g5 and it will shoot as true as any mechanical, as long as your inserts are glued in properly, I have had mechanicals deflect off of animals when they are slightly quartering away,out of the 27 animals I have shot with the bow seven were shot with mechanicals and all were hands and knees searches, shoot a fixed blade and you will never have an issue.
    I have shot a lot of broadheads working in a proshop and have to say the the montecs, thunderheads and muzzys are the go too broadhead. for compounds but you cant beat a magnus for a tradtional bow.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktail3113
    twist on a montec g5 and it will shoot as true as any mechanical, as long as your inserts are glued in properly, I have had mechanicals deflect off of animals when they are slightly quartering away,out of the 27 animals I have shot with the bow seven were shot with mechanicals and all were hands and knees searches, shoot a fixed blade and you will never have an issue.
    The issue with my crossbow (best as I can tell), is that with the longer/heavier/larger fletching arrows I shoot (compared to the manufacture's recommended arrow - which is badly inaccurate because of it's light weight and small fletching), the larger fletchings contact the bow on arrow launch. This causes a split second with the arrow on a non-0 degree flightpath, which allows any fixed-blade head to catch enough air to steer the arrow somewhat. I can split nocks at just about any range with field points, but with the broadheads, 2 inch groups at 30 yards are as good as it gets (and that's with good heads like the muzzy's, cheap-o stuff like the Eastman Outfitters heads they sell at Wal-Mart are like 4+ inch groups).

And my interest in mechanicals like the Snyper, Revolution, or the Tekan II is for the very reason that such rearward-opening designs solve the various problems that come with the 'jack-knife' open fold-back blade style heads.