Thread: The World Police and Fire Games

The World Police and Fire Games

Well I did the shoot on Tuesday. Man it was a bit intimidating on an international stage. Its an odd feeling at the shooter's meeting looking accross at team Spain, team France, and team Germany. Let alone the many sponsered Pro shooters from the USA. I was very happy with my score. % wise I did my best ever with a 489/560. That's even with them making me cover over my level. I was even happier when this put me 6th out of the 23 in my class. Then I found out that the guys that got third who only beat me by 21 points with a 510 was a pro shooter that is in the US nationals and apparently places in the top 5. The people over at the Semiahmoo F&G put on a really good show. It was a fantastic shoot, with some really tough shots. No one Shot perfect. Any way I had a great time.
    Steve
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The World Police and Fire Games

Excellent. Way to go. Where there a lot of spectators?

Nice going J-T.

Ya its a pretty big event.

10,000 althletes, 54 countirres.

The 2010 games are 53 countries and 6500 athletes.

The opening ceremonies in GM place were pretty cool

well done bo,being up on an international stage sure can be trying for anyone so my hats off to you for doing a bang-up job and doing us all proud.
    did ya here about the finish police detaining a guy that assulted a bus driver today.my god are people so dumb sometimes to think they can do anything wrong when there is an additional 10,000 police and fire persons in town and believe no one care or is watching .
    bruce
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

yeah I watched that on the news. It was funny on Tuesday night We went to the ROXY they gave us all VIP priveliges. The place was packed with cops etc. None of the regulars realised it till the band mentioned it You could see them looking all around at the cheering. Some looked worried. HAHAHA
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

Did you go to the shoot? How did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by BearSniper View Post
    Nice going J-T.

Ya its a pretty big event.

10,000 althletes, 54 countirres.

The 2010 games are 53 countries and 6500 athletes.

The opening ceremonies in GM place were pretty cool

Bow Walker Guest

Steve - congratulations on the fine showing. I'm proud of you - in a brotherly sort of way....

That's a fantastic finish when you look around at all the others. Sortta puts you up there with the best of the best, eh? Good on ya!

Now quit screwing around so we can get ready for the bow season!

Quote Originally Posted by bochunk2000 View Post
    yeah I watched that on the news. It was funny on Tuesday night We went to the ROXY they gave us all VIP priveliges. The place was packed with cops etc. None of the regulars realised it till the band mentioned it You could see them looking all around at the cheering. Some looked worried. HAHAHA
    now thats funny,i'm sure all the dope pushers went to do thier business elsewhere and the cabbies made good money from the roxy that night lol
    to bad there wasnt that kind of pressence all the time,man would the world be a different place.
    bruce
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian

Hey, I shot at the games too. It was very challenging and my first time shooting the target and field rounds. I finished 4th in the target, 5th in the 3d and 8th in the field. I missed a bronze metal in the target by 5 points and a bronze in the 3d by 5 points also. I guess it would have helped if I didn't forget to use the right pins a couple of times!!!! SOOOOO close! It was a great time, my hat goes off to Chuck and Ron. Cheers, Derrick Bunz.

Keep practising...the 2011 games are in New York for the 10th anniversary of 9/11.