Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: robo-ducks

Re: robo-ducks

i have the mojo baby mallard and it works great.Battery lasts a couple of days at least.I think i got mine from cabelas for 59 bucks on sale.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNHookSports View Post
    I would not recommend the ducks that come with remotes. Moisture destroys them in one trip.

Now I am going to try hard wiring 20 yards of wire from a relay in the spinner to a switch in the blind. The ducks are getting smart on spinners and variance over the on/off may help.

If budget is an issue, make a jerk line. Nearly as effective for a fraction of the cost.
    4 years with both mojo mallard and mojo floater both with remotes never a problem
    Scottish by birth, British by law,
    Highlander by the grace of God"
    Anon

My Lucky Duck is 4 years old too. It has spent well over 100 days in the field, travelled over 8000 miles, it has blown over in the salt about half a dozen times, been repainted twice, mounting hardware all replaced with stainless, lost then found, stake rusted in half, shot, and it still spins away for 7 straight hours on the original battery. I have the Mojo floater too but my Lucky is more lucky.

Used my remote on a rainy Northern AB morning, packed up my gear and used it in Southern AB the next evening. The circuits had corroded in the transmitter in 24 hours.
    A friend dipped his transmitter in the ocean and that was an instant death for it too.
    If spinners where 12V instead of 6V it would be easier to build DIY water proof remotes.

What about the Vortex (spins two robos in a 10' radius), has anyone tried one?
    Hooked on quack.

I have 2 of the Hot shot Mojo's....

if i was to buy them again... I would get the better one and spend the money for the quite days, and get a wind blown one for the really strong days because it puts lots of stress on the motors when the wind stops them...

Hunting in HUGE wind and the spinners wings were stoping because of the the strong winds.. this is when i want a spinner with no motor.

Just my 2 cents... or buyers remorse... what ever you want to call it!

dutchie

sneg is offline Born 2 hunt forced 2 work

My is Mojo, the big one. Have it for couple years.6V original battery last for good 12 hrs.I use it on salt water ,no problem.just couple drips of oil to bearings and it keeps running.Delta still water sports use to have good selection.

i would love to have one of these for my spread next year, issue is i live in a location where it is normally windy, and right on the salt chuck. any issues with to much wind? or salt water spray?

i assume you would wipe them down with wd40 after a hunt?

Mojo Mallard is like a vacuum, in fact its like the "Dyson" of vacuum's. In early season it will pull 'em in even when there out of view, a couple quacks and there hooked

Quote Originally Posted by Gope View Post
    i would love to have one of these for my spread next year, issue is i live in a location where it is normally windy, and right on the salt chuck. any issues with to much wind? or salt water spray?

i assume you would wipe them down with wd40 after a hunt?
    Try one of the wind powered ones by Winduk or Ureaduck.

So deadly they should be banned. But since they are not, we use them

Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8DZXEoMWq0
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

LOL that was sweet, that lab caught the mallard at the end of the video.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny