Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Homemade archery target

Re: Homemade archery target

I was also going to agree with the sack full of cloths until I read AMBUSH's idea and that one only costs $21 and not too much gas mony as most of the bears are right around town anyways
    I would have shot more...but I ran outta shells

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    I would say spring black bears are one of the best targets and all natural.

A bright pin on a shiney black coat!! Mother Nature's most nearly perfect target.
    Now where headed in the right direction,you reeeeeeely need to shoot good groups then.

This after 50 arrows using 100 grain pre season Montecs all for the low low price of $140. They say the Block is good for tens of thousands of arrows with field points and thousands with broadheads. I beg to differ!

I had one of these Morelle Yellow Jacket Supremes

Shot the s**t out of the center until arrows sailed clean though and the stuffing was hanging out the back end.

I stomped on, sat on, laid on the thing to swish in all down as tight as I could then wrapped it up with 60 yards of the handyman's secret weapon.

That seemed to help for a while(another 400 shots) until it started falling apart again.

So, off to walmart I went.

1-6'x8' tarp =$7 aprox

As i left i took a look im the big recylcle bin and grabbed lots of card board boxes, some of those moulded plasitic style packing pices (not styrophoam but that other stuff)

I cut the tarp in half leangth wise so I had 2 3'x8' sections, those were folded in half and sewn into to 2 3'x4' bags.

I found a box that was just smaller then those dimensions and placed the box inside the bag

I then cut open the ols morelle target and seperated the stuffing from the burlap sacks that are in there.
    Then I then rebuilt the target inside the box

folded down the lid of the box, pulled the tarp in tight anf folded it over the end of the box in a triangle as if I was wrapping a a gift

its not pretty but she did stop a 370 grain arrow with field point going 318 fps fired from a distance of 3 feet and left 45% of the arrow out with easy 2 finger removal.

The next target I built the same way but used more cardboard around the outside, a few old pillows in the inside and the sheets of that plastic foam in the middle.

This target is obviously lighter, but still stopped the same arrows with about 35% of the arrow left out for "hold the knock in your lips like a smoke" easy arrow removal.

Im in the process of making a broadhead target yousing that same plastic foam stuff and that spray able expandable sealing/insulating foam. Ill post my results later.

the big boy...