Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DRawweight

Re: DRawweight

i should better????? what you mean mikey?????
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

Crap ... ..
    "Know Better"
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Crap ... ..
    "Know Better"

hahahaha.... yes mikey yes.......
    i know of some people having warranty issues.
    "your bow blew up because is was at 74 pounds when its a 70 pound bow.... yadda yadda yadda..... thats all....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

Bow Walker Guest

"your bow blew up because is was at 74 pounds when its a 70 pound bow.... yadda yadda yadda..... thats all....
    IMHO that's companies trying to duck the issue - "They" know that maxing out a 60 lb bow will give a rating in ecxess of 60 lbs. As has been said - maxing out the limbs almost always give a person something in the order of 2 - 5 lbs extra weight. "They" don't know this, or recognize this?? Give me a break. Tug on the other leg, will ya? This one's getting a bit too long and it's tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    After reading this I want to back out the limbs on my longbow. How do I do that?
    Canadian Tire belt sander....
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    IMHO that's companies trying to duck the issue - "They" know that maxing out a 60 lb bow will give a rating in ecxess of 60 lbs. As has been said - maxing out the limbs almost always give a person something in the order of 2 - 5 lbs extra weight. "They" don't know this, or recognize this?? Give me a break. Tug on the other leg, will ya? This one's getting a bit too long and it's tired.

give you a break???? tug on the other leg???? i hope you are not referring to me???? this may be getting long and tired so, for this, i personally appologize to you mr bowalker for dragging this out and discussing the "possibilities" of what could happen.
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    After reading this I want to back out the limbs on my longbow. How do I do that?
    Great post Onesock.

I have toyed with the compound thing but have re-affirmed my ambitions with trad gear from this thread. Thank you all. Totally kidding. I would like to try a compound some day as I have never shot one. Great information guys.
    Last edited by Johnnybear; 01-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jessbennett View Post
    give you a break???? tug on the other leg???? i hope you are not referring to me???? this may be getting long and tired so, for this, i personally appologize to you mr bowalker for dragging this out and discussing the "possibilities" of what could happen.
    No disrespect or ill will intended at all, I just have a hard time believing that a bow company will not honor a warranty issue if the limbs were to be bottomed out with the bow drawing just a few more pounds than is printed on the "sticker"?!? Or am I taking this the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    No disrespect or ill will intended at all, I just have a hard time believing that a bow company will not honor a warranty issue if the limbs were to be bottomed out with the bow drawing just a few more pounds than is printed on the "sticker"?!? Or am I taking this the wrong way?

i have personally seen this with a friends bow. he was honest and up front and explained that he was shooting a 70 pound bow at 73 pounds. the warranty was NOT honored because he was shooting over what was the specified maximum draw weight.

that is your choice for finding it "hard to believe"....... i just thought id pass some information on from a previous experience, because if it happened once , who knows it could happen again sometime to someone else. Im not saying it will happen to someone else, im saying it could.
    Quote:

Bow Walker Guest

Pretty cheesy, eh Jesse? "They" know that the bow weight will exceed the maximum if the limbs ar bottomed out - and many shooters do just that.

All in all though, this thread has been very enlightening for "yours truly".

Good one, guys!