Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marshall and I, first season in Review 2008/2009.

Re: Marshall and I, first season in Review 2008/2009.

hey marc nice to see all the pics from the biggining to now thanks for the pics
    I've hunted almost everday of my life the rest has been wasted

Congratulations to both you and Marshall Marc!I well remember the same transition from pup to master hunter with my chocolate Lab,Gunner.He'll be 11 next week,and nowadays both of us shy away from the tough hunts,it's too hard on us now,but we're both still hunting,and getting ready for spring geese.I hope you both enjoy many more years together in the field!Cheers,Gunner

Cool! can not wait to see next years update!

Thanks for the comments guys, for several years I had been shying away from waterfowl hunting as my male lab that is now 12 years of age just couldn't do it anymore due to hip dysplasia that was diagnosed when he was 2 years of age. I just couldn’t get myself to go out without the dog.

Last fall I managed to get out a couple of times hunting with HuntNHooksSports with his lab and I was hook, line and sinker once again.
    I was putting my Christmas list together and brought it to my wife and told her I’d give all this stuff up for a puppy for Christmas. Well the rest is history. Sometimes I think she regrets letting me get the dog.

I’ve been hunting waterfowl since I was old enough to carry a gun; it’s my passion and consumes most of my life. Doesn’t matter if it’s hunting season I’m constantly thinking of what gear I need, that looks like a good place for ducks, how can I get my boat in there, are things that constantly go through my mind.

The new dog was also a sharp learning curve; it was over 10 years ago since we had a puppy in the house and the first Chesapeake I’ve ever owned. Marshall was also the first dog that I’ve seriously tried to put a title on. Some of the reasons behind it were because some people thought that a chessie couldn’t be trained to pass hunt test and the other part was to show myself I could do it. Both way things are moving along nicely and I can honestly say that he’s further ahead for his age then my lab was at this stage. I’m sure some of this also has to do with more experience on my part with training now then I had back then but this guy is amazingly smart and is learning fast.

I’m extremely proud at how things are going with his training and his passion for waterfowl hunting. He just gleams when he’s out there waiting for birds to come in.

This has to be the best year yet of waterfowl hunting for myself so far and it’s not over yet!

Marc.
    Last edited by Marc; 01-23-2009 at 07:02 PM.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Another picture from Jan 17th. Three of us managed to get our limit of mallards each. I even managed to pull a double. Marshall had a blast retrieving the majority of the birds with some help on multiple birds. This is pretty much it for duck photos this season.

BCWF

I am moved when I see those pics, I have been without my chessie now for 4 years and I miss him dearly. I truely could place Bou in anyone of those pics as he looked identical. You have a great dog there, enjoy every minute of him.

Thanks for sharing.

Well I guess as supporter of "The Proud,The strong" The Few, The Chesapeake Bay Retriever" I might as well add the Spring goose pictures to this thread as well.

Had a spectacular season, the dog had a blast, and made some great friends along the way.

Can't wait for next fall, dog training starts back up next month.

This was a field hunt with DuckBuster, we only had two commit 3 commit to the decoys that morning and we managed to tag 2.

This is a picture of Marshall retrieving a goose while out hunting With Filed Marshall and his Grand Son James.

A limit of birds each for Field Marshal and Myself in just 2 hours of hunting.

Marshall and I striking a pose.

Hunting the Dinsdale property: Me,Marshall, Bill, Field Marshall, Symon, Duck Buster, and Stan. We also had 1 junior hunter and two soon to be with us.

Morning Field Hunt with shotgunjohn and I, we ended up jump shooting these 4 out of a pond.

The next morning we took these eight in the same general area.

This was a field hunt with shotgunJohn & his wife Tanya and myself. Was a great hunt and the dogs had a blast.

Last edited by Marc; 03-08-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: added description

BCWF

Nothing makes a day out waterfowl hunting better than watching a well trained dog in action.
    Great pics Marc and congratulations on a great waterfowl season!
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Hey! Some of those backgrounds are kinda familiar!

Yesterday was a good end to the season. You should have seen Marshall and our dog Rayne tag teaming a downed goose that kept diving - true teamwork.

Wow if this doesn't put the bug back into retriever training and duck hunting I don't know what would. I've been so blessed and fortunate to live in what I would consider the greatest province in CANADA, and have met some amazing people over the past 17 years and made some close friends that I continue to hunt with till this day. Looking forward to more memories like these with the new pup and friends.

BCWF