Thread: advise wanted for newbe into Okanagan

Question advise wanted for newbe into Okanagan

Going into the Ok this Sat for 5 days, not only my first time there but will also be my sons first time out hunting (11 yrs this month). So would like to take out some grouse, raccoon and the like, will also be looking for a deer too...but with an excited 10 yr old we can pretty much guess how that will turn out... any way ....any shared experience would be a benifit...Im looking at the kelowna highlands, what do u think?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: advise wanted for newbe into Okanagan

I used to see a lot of Grouse off of Bear Main on the Bald Range Hills area. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Up above Oyama lake there is alot of hunting areas with a huge logging road system in place. This site has been posted before but its helpful to find your way around the back country http://maps.gov.bc.ca/imf406/imf.jsp...1364072,978485 Lots of deer in the above mentioned area, both mulies and whities, have also seen a fair number of bears.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

ive been hunting bear main and bald range alot lately, lots of mulies usually 1 small buck per day. not alot of grouse just the odd one. hunted the burn the other day 12 mulies (1 buck) 3 whiteys.

Are you talking about the 2003 fire? I was wondering how to get into that area, should be good hunting there.