Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally shot my first deer!!

Finally shot my first deer!!

Well yesterday morning I finally got my first buck, My buddy and I were camping out at Pike mountain, got out there Sat night in the dark so first thing Sun. we were out hunting. We pulled the Quad up to a cut block landing and my buddy Joe went to have a quick peek over the edge, which was about 30 feet away, when he got their he saw a huge buck looking at him about 60yds away. Joe was trying to get my attention without making any noise, but i was looking the other way and the buck bolted(Joe left his gun on the quad ) About 30 mins later we came to another cut block and seen a really nice buck at about 225yds and he was just standing there looking at us. Joe took a shot and the deer lunged forward then i took a shot and the buck dropped but then got up and bolted like nothing happened, when we got to the spot we had "shot" the buck we found hair but no blood. We searched the better part of the day with some help from some campers who also had a dog but we found nothing.(hopefully he's ok). So Mon morning found us about 2kms from our camp at first light and we spot 2 bucks right off the bat about 40 yds from us and they are just starting to bolt, I got a shot off at mine and hit it the right shoulder(7mmwsm 150 gr.win pwr pts) and he went down. My buddy runs past my deer chasing his, and drops his about 150yds from mine. 2 hunters 2 deer 1st thing in the morning of the last day camping we were pretty happy!! especially since it was my first deer, my buck was a 2 pt and my buddies was a 3x2. My buck measured about 25" and is a pretty nice looking rack but I was just glad to bag my first deer. The deer went to the cutters tonite minus the right shoulder . I have a picture i can email to someone if they know how to post it. Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Finally shot my first deer!!

good for you guys. glad to see you filling your frezzer. and haveing fun doing it.

I'm sorry to say, but if you knocked down a buck at that distance.......chances are you didn't just knock a few hairs off him. Going back to the area and you just might find birds flying around the kill now. One hit for sure, and possibly 2 !

thats what we figure as well. The one fellow who was helping us look lives up their year round and knows my buddy well and told us he would be in touch if he sees anything
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Thumbs up Re: Finally shot my first deer!!

congrats on the deer! cant wait to see pics
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

here i will try to post the pics i have of ur buck rob....pics arent the best quality they came off of my camera phone...
    gotta have a pic with an hbc hat in there.....

here is a pic of robs two point with another two point rack in front of it for comparasing reasons....

once again rob congrats on a great first buck....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

25" 2 point that is a rare find good job a real beauty!

WAy to go guys,that's a big 2 point.
    Hunt or my foot in your ass,your choice

Hey Dewey congrats.on your first Deer.Hope that you do it many more times.

Congrats on your first deer .. very nice for a 2 point.