Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Weekend

Re: Thanksgiving Weekend

well mark your going to have to come over for a hunting visit.

only got out on sunday, only saw small bucks

i went out saturday after class. shot it suday morning then came back home. should of stayed and looked for an elk but i couldnt find any sighn at all.

Hey Marc I am looking o ut my window and looking at a Doe and a fawn.Got two Quail this A.M.,they beat their brains out against my kitchen window.

I'm headed to Quesnel this Saturday for two weeks to spend some time in the woods chasing deer/bear/moose around with Firebird and Willyqbc. Hopefully I'll have some great memories and some meat to take home with me.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    I'm headed to Quesnel this Saturday for two weeks to spend some time in the woods chasing deer/bear/moose around with Firebird and Willyqbc. Hopefully I'll have some great memories and some meat to take home with me.

Marc.
    Chris is a good guy and if anyone can help you get on a moose it will be him. "Bartell"" has proved time and again he can hunt, and hunt well, just don't get into a drinking contest with him!

BCHunter Guest

and Marc sleep on your back around Bartell jk

I've hunted with "Bartell" on the Island one day while he was up visiting his mother, we didn't see much but we manage to walk up to within 10 yards of a fat doe and she just broused as we watched in amazement. She even turned away from us, which is so strange for a wild animal to do. This was no golf course deer either it was 80km back in the mountains.

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc

Marc.
    Good Luck Marc. You've in good hands with Chris ... the man knows his area and a class act to boot.

Bartell seems to be carrying a hot hand this season ... try and feed him some liquid lip loosener one night around the fire and you might get them honker field locations in Hoof out of him.

Have a good trip guys and we want lots of pics.

Well my oldest son and myself headed off to try and make somewhat of a hunt out of this revised weekend. Destination was Princeton ... more uncharted territory.

This years first trip out trying to tag him into his first buck resulted in the quarry (a nice fat 2 point whitetail) residing inside a ranchers fence. Well would you believe lightning struck again.

This nice fat 3x4 sat 100 yds inside a ranchers fence and taunted my son and I. I believe my son is really being tested, as this was the only buck we seen. Now 0-2, we need to keep our faith and make our next plans.

Here's a fat doe that I think lost her spike recently, as the lungs and hide were present down this slash raod. Her other youngster (doe) was very flighty to the left in the bush.

Another possible spot to be logged in the return file slot.

Ruger#1 I bet that camper was sure warm Sunday morn compared to the iced up Explorer we awoke in.
    Last edited by Freshtracks; 10-11-2005 at 09:37 PM.