Thread: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all my fellow Waterfowlers!I wish you all a happy,healthy 2009,with no tangles in your decoy cords and no unexpected trips over your wader tops!I'm hopin' to be healthy enough for spring geese up here (Feb.21st),and since I have a CAT scan in Vancouver on Mar.12th I'm coming down early to try and bum a seat in Branthunter's layout boat!All the best to Everyone........Cheers,Gunner

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Happy New Year!

Funny you should mention going over the waders. Had a little mishap walking through the marsh couple weeks back and finally tried to walk over a nice little drop off. Well I went down, water over my waders, held my gun up while my brother behind me pulled me back up. I was sortof half neutrally buoyant, and half swimming. I didnt even get that wet, the waders held most of the water out. Funny none-the-less though.

And did someone mention brant? Almost done rigging, still gotta make some longlines still. They're starting to take up to much room, so I had to start hanging them against the wall.

And Happy New Years to you too!!
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

"Happy New Year to all my fellow Waterfowlers!I wish you all a happy,healthy 2009,with no tangles in your decoy cords and no unexpected trips over your wader tops!I'm hopin' to be healthy enough for spring geese up here (Feb.21st),and since I have a CAT scan in Vancouver on Mar.12th I'm coming down early to try and bum a seat in Branthunter's layout boat!All the best to Everyone........Cheers,Gunner"

I was waffling about that season (again) Murray but you've helped me make up my mind and the seat's yours. I'm hoping Adam will have a cpl. of days off in that time too, and maybe 870 and that , along with Gordon from Denman and Al and Billy from Nanaimo, pretty much fills my dance card for the season.
    Crazy: That's a good looking set you've got there. I'd love to get together with you one day after we get off the water , maybe when Gunner's here.
    Last edited by branthunter; 01-01-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Happy New Year from the Cowichan Valley.

Those decoys look very nice Crazy, what kind are they? Are you guys headin out by yerselves or with "The Legend"? If ya can get your hands on some halibut ground line it makes the best longlines. K

PM sent Kelly.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

back at ya ,murray , the best in the new year hoping the new year finds you feeling better and just the fact that you are thinking abiout brant hunting sounds like your on the mend.....fowl