Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: transporting a firearm on pulbic transit?

Re: transporting a firearm on pulbic transit?

what about transporting my shotgun in the rear window of my pickup in a gun rack? as long as I am in the car is it legal? I couldn't find anything to say that it wasn't.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets...ransport_e.asp
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Quote Originally Posted by 870 View Post
    what about transporting my shotgun in the rear window of my pickup in a gun rack? as long as I am in the car is it legal? I couldn't find anything to say that it wasn't.

100% legal. In some areas people will freak out and call the police, in other areas people will ignore them.

It's a shame that those racks arent' more in use these days. The public seemed less afraid of guns when they knew all thier neighbors had them.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

picked up a stick on one from cabelas a while ago, and just put it on. good to know I can use it. maybe people will think twice about cutting me off or riding my bumper when I'm not in as big of a rush as they are.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

Quote Originally Posted by 870 View Post

Completely legal though some will try to tell you otherwise! From police officer and Conservation officer "not recommended out of sight out of mind! Though legal frantic ppl looking for something to complain about might call you in or tell you its illegal, they dont recommend advertising that you have a firearm in your possession."

Sweep us into a corner and under a mat.... make it *look* that all gun owners are evil.... To the point of having your neighbour 'call you in' because you're toting a gun in the truck..... Or on the bus.

I still say it's high time to get back into the light and DEMAND mutual, common,,,, respect.

Or else it'll only get worse.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

What about a hand gun? you have your hand gun case, seperate box for ammo... Would this be coincidered legal or illegal?

I am not in the same situation as Mr. Friendly but i am just curious about the restricted laws.

dutchie

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    aside from the whole 'freak out it's a gun' mentality if it was found I was carrying one (even while disguised as perhaps, a guitar), are there other reasons, such as laws or some such, that would restrict my movements of transporting a firearm on public transit?

I'm asking because now that I've moved to Vancouver...don't drive, one of the only current ways to get any shot time in is if I take public transit to one of the two ranges I know of in Burnaby or Richmond (I'm on the border of Kits/Central Van between Burrard & Arbutus @ W. Broadway).

anything you have to share that might clear up what I can or cannot do in this regards would be appreciated. thanks...

edit - I would be remiss if I didn't state this was for rifles and/or shotguns. nothing restricted.
    TAKE A CAB!!!!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Just use some common since and carry it in a hard locked transport case that you would use to ship on the airlines in travel baggage. There are no laws against taking none restricted firearms on public transit. If it scares somebody or upsets some neurotic passenger so be it. There is nothing you can be sited with and nothing a police officer can do to you or with you. Just be sure you have your PAL, POL, and registration papers with you. It might also help if you have your ammunition in a small locked container inside the travel case. It would also help if you had a trigger lock on your rifle as well and the bolt removed and carried in a bolt holster on your belt. It shows that you are doing more than the law requires and any police officer responding to a call about you would appreciate the fact that you are going way beyond what the law requires for transport while in attendance.

Democratic People's Republic of Canuckistan

guitar case = concealed ... illegal

watch out for the taser.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela