Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: transporting a firearm on pulbic transit?

transporting a firearm on pulbic transit?

aside from the whole 'freak out it's a gun' mentality if it was found I was carrying one (even while disguised as perhaps, a guitar), are there other reasons, such as laws or some such, that would restrict my movements of transporting a firearm on public transit?

I'm asking because now that I've moved to Vancouver...don't drive, one of the only current ways to get any shot time in is if I take public transit to one of the two ranges I know of in Burnaby or Richmond (I'm on the border of Kits/Central Van between Burrard & Arbutus @ W. Broadway).

anything you have to share that might clear up what I can or cannot do in this regards would be appreciated. thanks...

edit - I would be remiss if I didn't state this was for rifles and/or shotguns. nothing restricted.
    Last edited by Mr. Friendly; 12-30-2008 at 09:45 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: transporting a firearm on pulbic transit?

The only thing that could hamper this is *IF* the carry of firearms aren't permissible by the transit co.

Maybe look @ Translink's website?

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

just did a quick search for anything related to 'firearms' on translink's website, nothing. when I typed in 'guns' it gave me references to 'queens'. LOL

I'll give em a call tomorrow.

speaking of which actually...how many shooting ranges are there down on the lower mainland? I know of the two I mentioned, but never seen either...hopefully some connections I have can make such introductions in the near future, but in the meantime, I'd like to know, just to know.

If there isn't a posting about it, I wouldn't bother calling. I'd even leave the guitar case at home too.

But that's me....

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.

if 'leave the guitar case at home', you mean go in a standard case, okay...but I'd rather not cause a seen with police, drawn guns (darned sheeple...) and have whatever it is I was transporting confiscated.

if 'leave the guitar case at home' you mean don't even bother...then I can totally understand what you mean... LOL!

I mean that *I* wouldn't bother with the disguise.... What if it accidentally fell out? It would only then appear that you were trying to hide something. Legal abiding citizens don't hide.

Criminals do.

Do as you see fit. I won't take it personally.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.

I wouldnt feel too good about packing a gun case on a bus full of city folk, every one with cell phones in their hand you will be shot by the RCMP within 25 minutes
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Legal form a firearms law standpoint.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

in all honesty i think that i would be more concerned with getting ripped off if someone knew you had a longarm.

Think about it you get on the transit with it , Mr scumbag calls other mister scumbags and rob you of firearm once you get to a place they feel they can get away with it.

They know that chances are you are law abiding so there is not really any legal way you can defend yourself with it.

Plenty of locking cases out there that dont look like gun cases which would do you fine.
    Out of sight out of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    Plenty of locking cases out there that dont look like gun cases which would do you fine.

Out of sight out of mind.
    agreed, so long as it doesn't get me shot.