Thread: Guide gun ported

Question Guide gun ported

on wholesale sports it say the marling guide guns barrel is ported.what is ported and is it good are bad for hunting.
    I'm a lead foot, whiskey drinkin' outlaw.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Guide gun ported

Pretty certain they don't make them with ported barrels anymore. From what I heard, the muzzle blast shooting out the side of the ports was pretty violent. I think there were issues of people's ears ringing a bit too much when shooting the gun. The added noise wasn't worth the reduced recoil, so they stopped porting it.

IMO don't buy a ported GG.The blast can permanently damage your ears or someone's else that is standing close by. There are no benefits except a slight reduction in recoil. My wife is about 125 lbs. and has no problem with the recoil even shooting Garrett's cartridges. Even with hearing protection it's incredibly loud(heard it at the gun range)

Hi,

The new ones are not ported, they stopped doing that a few years ago for the reasons posted above.

Chris.

I owned a Marlin GG in 444 Rem, that had a magna ported barrel, enormous noise!, I still own and shoot a .416 Magnum that is magna ported! enormous noise!

the reduction in recoil is NOT worth the increase in noise , IMO
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,