View Poll Results: Do you want to see the use of Electronic Snow goose callers legalized??

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 46.30%
  • No

29 53.70%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Electric snow goose calls

Re: Electric snow goose calls

Quote Originally Posted by Archive View Post
    I didn't have a dad like either of you. Your kids are fortunate.

I first started duck hunting by sitting out in the foreshore in a pair of waders from Army and Navy. I would go by myself every weekend and watch the ducks fly by, then I'd fall into a marsh hole in the dark on the way back in.
    *Some guys could call them in it seemed, so I bought a call.
    *Then I watched the ducks flock else where, so I bought decoys.
    *There were more flocks flying on the outer edge than inside (less ppl too) so I bought a canoe.

Only after I had invested my time (scouting) and money (equipment) did I start to get waterfowl. I'm not scared of an E-caller accelerating someone else's learning curve, I'd hope it would.

Like I said elsewhere, it won't ---it will slow it down, all the while screwing up the marsh for the others , rookie and veteran alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    That is great for people that get to learn for thier fathers.

An increasing amount of prospective hunters DON'T have mentors. Another tool in the tool box could help them out.

Or hurt them by distracting them from learning what they really need to know.... meanwhile alienating them from the very people they could get some real learning from.

Well, that may be a concern, may not be. Liek I said, E-callers for predators don't negate the ned to set up properly, and you learn that quickly when you have a yote come in and then bust you and high tail it.

I guess at this point we will just have to see how the chips fall...I dont' have much more I can add...Other than even if it is adopted by BCWF doesn't mean that the regs will change, or may not change for some time.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well, that may be a concern, may not be. Liek I said, E-callers for predators don't negate the ned to set up properly, and you learn that quickly when you have a yote come in and then bust you and high tail it.

I guess at this point we will just have to see how the chips fall...I dont' have much more I can add...Other than even if it is adopted by BCWF doesn't mean that the regs will change, or may not change for some time.
    Everyone has different thoughts on this subject(every subject)!That's OK,that's what makes the world go round.If we all thought the same way the world would be a poorer place.Support what you believe in,there aren't really rights or wrongs,just our own opinions!.......Gunner

kelly id like to know how you figure this is self serving.i own over 1000 snow goose decoys and when i get off my but i get my share.i was hoping to serve 2 purposes when i introduced this purposal.a..to help beginning or intermiadiate hunters bring in more geese .with this i can offer a number of people that feel like yourself aboiut the purity of the hunt but also i can offer info from a number of guides and really good goose hunters from the praires that will tell you they would rather have an ecaller than more decoys. secondly on a year such as this with such a poor hatch i felt it would be a good oppurtuniy to reduce the pacific flyway flock, so disease doesnt wipe them out.i felt that this is a win win situation,apparantly not.im sorry this has ceated hard feeling by some,maybe some people will get involved and fight this if they feel that strongly rather than bring about personal slights. having said that ,i am still going to carry forward with this and i hope to see all of the opposition at the fed.convention.this resolution has been passed regionally already....dale vidulich region2 bcwf vp.

See you in Fernie Dale! Gunner

So you are angry that someone has more success than you?

Some guys with crappy old guns and beat up boots are pretty successful hunters, you know...
    That guy is how i hunt. With any gun, any age gear. But i won't with an e-caller. To me its not right and is along the same lines as bait. PLUS IT'S ELECTRONIC! Mojo's and all that should be banned too.
    Last edited by longshot; 01-08-2009 at 07:44 PM.

interesting topic.

having spent many memorable days in the late 70's,80's and early 90's hunting the Brunswick, Westam, Fraser etc... areas, I can understand everone's concern about allowing ecallers in these areas.

I believe, this would truly reduce the "hunting experience" in these very concentrated areas. These areas concentrate waterfowl and consequently hunters as well. I think most of us that are in this game for more reasons other than to "fill our limit" would have to agree that ecallers in the Fraser estuary would take away from the experience. It would be annoying to have spent my "apprenticing" time honing my calling skills, to have some ecaller set up 100-200 yrds away and draw more birds. Tough to compete with the real sounds of geese no matter how good of a caller one is.

If one object is to reduce the overpopulation of snow geese on this flyway, what about the possibility of allowing more than 3 shots in a gun?
    This has been accomplished back east for snow goose hunting. Probably impossible for the fall season due to other spps open seasons, but what about spring? This may maintain a quality hunting experience in the Fraser estuary without changing the quality of the hunt for others in the vicinity.

I am not suggesting an outright ban on ecallers, but knowing this location, and its concentration of birds and hunters, I would not support it in region 2.

Boom...

PS. I chuckle at the CWS snow goose flyway mapping in thru central BC, a spinoff from lack of data and an extrapolation from other migratory bird fly ways.