View Poll Results: Do you want to see the use of Electronic Snow goose callers legalized??

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 46.30%
  • No

29 53.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electric snow goose calls

Re: Electric snow goose calls

so does that mean that all hunters from outside region 2 dont have a say? because theres lots of region 2 hunters who have a say in what goes on in other regions, Its all one province with equal opertunities
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    The area in question is Region 2,where all the snow geese in BC winter!

gunner, this purposal came from interviewing about all the snow goose hunters i know and i know quite a few.kelly says that the geese are feeding further in the fieds to the east so doesnt this solve the problems at hand by spreading the area out.the resolution came from our gun club.if you would have hunted snows this year you know how difficult it was to make them finish to the deeks,unless they were starving in the upper marsh,i just want to get the record straight....fowl

Hi Dale,I know how tough it was before the freeze,but that's not a suprise,because of bad weather on Wrangel there was no flight of young birds and they've always been the majority of the birds that we have shot,the adults are always alot tougher! Gunner

murray heres hoping for a better hatch for next year.up to the freeze up the harvest was about 20 to 25% of normal.these figures are from what the biologists gathered. my info was about the same from those that i talked to.it would have been a good time to lessen the flock but you know what its like with big flocks and how difficult they are to decoy. god i tried all the tricks i know and only one worked because it was ideal conditions only.....fowl

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    murray heres hoping for a better hatch for next year.up to the freeze up the harvest was about 20 to 25% of normal.these figures are from what the biologists gathered. my info was about the same from those that i talked to.it would have been a good time to lessen the flock but you know what its like with big flocks and how difficult they are to decoy. god i tried all the tricks i know and only one worked because it was ideal conditions only.....fowl
    Maybe it's all those rookie mistakes you're still making Dale.

it must be bob,maybe you could steer me in the right path....fowl

You girls try and get along and be nice!! K

My 2 cents .... btw I voted NO.

Isn't the whole art of waterfowling, the ablity to try and make the birds come to you?

Calling has been and will be the biggest challenge most watrfowlers will have to master to become effective in their sport. Sure there are days when pass shooting, depending on wind conditions, will fill your limits. But the true art of waterfowling is picking the right locale, setting out decoys and being able to interest moving birds to come within decoy range. Calling plays a big part in that, especially if birds are wary.

What challenge is there to E calling? You'd have more success setting up mass decoy sets, than E calling.

What advantage does E calling employ? Sorry, I might of missed any points of debate in another thread.

If I missed it and the arguement is to allow more harvesting of birds. Hogwash!! Open up previous, (ie: Sturgeon Banks) now closed, hunting areas and the birds will get harvested.

What I cant seem to understand is the fact that where e-callers are currently being used are in areas where the snows are migrating. All the birds are in the area but migrating either south or north so its always new birds in the area sask, the dakotas come to mind aswell as fall in alberta now.

Where as here, sure some of the birds will move between the skagit and fraser populations or even early on keep heading down to cali. But they winter here. They dont all leave and migrate through. So do you not think the birds are going to get really educated really fast with a couple guys using e-callers. Sure maybe next year there'll be a good number of juvies in the area, they'll decoy great but to me once you educate the large mature birds to know that the sound = death well they'll wise up real quick hearing it everyday.

And size comes into it aswell. The prairies are a huge area to hunt in. The marshes and the fields arent that big, we're not talking sections of land but acre chunks here. And last two days ago, I saw about 5 other boats out there, each boat had either 2-3 guys, so it must be not that hurting for hunter numbers when it was the day after new years eve and everyone else must of been hung over
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 01-02-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    we live in 2008 soon to b 2009, whats the differance between a set of decoys electrical or not ,or ecallers or traditional calls the trouble with a lot of hunters is there afraid of change!
    Another, and in my view much bigger and more significant, problem with some hunters is that, without considering or being aware of all the ramifications, they become proponents of change in areas where they have little or no experience and about which they know very little or, worse, nothing. How much snow goose hunting on the Fraser R. delta have you done?