Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Oil

Re: Gun Oil

g96,is that the stuff in an orange and white can???
    Dan

Well i went out this morning to pick up some oil and found the G96. The stuff worked great. Cleaned the guns spottless. It should also keep the rust away.

For Danny: It has a label saying 'Complete Gun Treatment'. Yellow and white can with black cap.

LongShot,

I would try Can Tire for the Fluid film if you are still looking, I got mine at work and am not sure where they picked it up. Possibly at Acklands. But if this other stuff works that keep using it. Good luck with the gun.
    My dinner ate my vegetables for me !

Jamie

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    Hey guys,

I am wondering what you guys use for gun oil. Having a couple of problems here and there when i come out of the salt marsh. I have tried a few kinds on my gun and so far it seems like seems like WD does a pretty good job. I just don't know if it would be better to use a "Gun Oil".

Thanks!

Longshot jr.
    When I used to duck hunt (and we did a lot of it) all that I ever did was to clean and oil my shottie after every hunt - inside and out. I used the Outer's oil that came with the cleaning kit. Never, ever had a problem. Me, my brothers, and my buddies duck hunted for years and did the cleaning faithfully. It was a post-hunt ritual that became a great time to go over the hunt and the harvest, shot by shot.