Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best ATV tires ?

Re: What are the best ATV tires ?

i have heard nothing good about mudlites either lots of flats and soft sidewalls same with the zillas with the soft sidewall i wouldn't buy anything lite

i had a set of 27'' GBC dirtdevils on my last quad and bought the 27'' dirtdevil 2's for kingquad 700 they are awesome they are a little pricey but well worth the extra money

if you are going to buy 27'' tires i would reccomend getting a new clutch spring and a couple 1mm shims to lower the gear ratio the 700's are too high geared for bigger tires check out nyrocatv site for all the info on the mods
    .338 sako finnbear deluxe
    .270 WSM tikka T3 lite
    stevens 16g boomstick
    .22 cooey

hmmm Neeehama..sold me ITP BAJHA CROSS...8 ply..strong sidewalls..and RADIAL construction..agressive tread, long life and great sidewalls with rollover sidewall tread..

the highest rated 'longevity " tire that ITPS sells so ITP told me

so far I love em smooth agressive and extremelly well constructed..

cheers
    Steven

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

I had 27" on my first 660 grizzly and put 15,000 on it and never needed clutch kit and have them on my new Grizzly and do not need a kit. I find the best life from after market tires is the Bear Claws, reasonably aggressive, smooth riding and very good in mud and snow, and decent prices too.
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

kingquad 700 is higher geared than a grizzly and you would probably be fine without one, if you try a quad with a clutch kit you won't want to go back
    Last edited by 4pointhunter; 12-18-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    .270 WSM tikka T3 lite
    stevens 16g boomstick
    .22 cooey

ITP mud lites. I've had them for 4 years and only one flat. that was from hiting a razor sharp , 18 " chunk of shale at about 60 kph. the impressive part is that I rode 8 km back to the cabin with a 2"slice through the sidewall and my rim still never hit the ground or got damaged due to the rigidity of the sidewall.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

I know people with the kingquad with 27" and they never needed the clutch kit either. Is it better? Sure it is, just about every after market part is genreally better then the stock item, I have also oput tracks on many of these machines and they were all told they needed the kit also, and did not do it and been running fine for a very long time. But again yes it can't hurt and probably a good uopgrade no matter what.
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

its night and day better, all i did is a epi yellow spring $20 and 2 - 1mm shims $3
    its like a different quad it has a lot more engine brake and bottom end power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACJRikXAVJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBwwP...eature=related
    .270 WSM tikka T3 lite
    stevens 16g boomstick
    .22 cooey

Ya me and my buddy with tracks both put the shimms on our quads this fall. Wish I had them in for our moose trip as he did. They were Yamaha snowmobile parts. What do you mean 4Pointhunter by "epi yellow spring $20" assume that is a clutch spring ? Always looking for tips any Vids on that thanks.

http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum.cgi

all the info you will ever need is here ^

i did the shims first alone i didn't like it, much better with the spring, yes it is the clutch spring you can get different colors for different performance
    .270 WSM tikka T3 lite
    stevens 16g boomstick
    .22 cooey

I have Mud lites on my 400 Yamaha Big Bear which are great ,But do like my Swamp lites on my 660 better.
    You can't spell Crap without RAP!