Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best ATV tires ?

Re: What are the best ATV tires ?

ITP mudlites on my Grizz 700 for me, never had a flat yet and i beat the SH^T out of my quad, hunting and just riding hard.
    The xtrs are really nice too.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Mudlites are complete junk, You couldnt pay me to run them things. Quite a few buddys have had them and they are all thrown in the garbage now. They were super quick, way to soft and the side walls dont hold up worth CHIT. Ive run GBC gators(wear fast, run small), Mudzillas(rough,wear like iron great in mud), Mudbugs(best all around tire out there), Stockers.... Friends have (had) Mud lites, 589's(awesome tire), Swamp foxes(complete crap), Bearclaws (Fairly good for a all round tire), Kenda Excacutioners(good tire, similar to 589) GBC Dirt Devils (wasnt to impressed) and a few other chinese brand crap. By far the BEST OVER all tire is the Mudbugs, can be rougher at low speeds for some ppl(smooth compared to mudzillas) but if your that picky sell the quad and take up knitting. GBC tires run very short, 25's are actually just shy of 24" with 4.5 pounds in them. They also wear quite fast to. So if you do order them get 1 sizer bigger than planned! If I was in your shoes id def go with the mudbugs. Im a tire junky

I've had my ITP's all over dry creek beds, in rivers, rock of all sorts, roots, logs, snags and still have yet to rip a sidewall. My stock Polaris issue tires on the other hand I've ripped several holes in them but tire plugs have always saved the day!

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by NEEHAMA View Post
    www.wheelsportcanada.com

swamplites, the new SS Reptiles, bearclaws, are poplular..
    Looks like you have quite the selection NEEHAMA

I give another nod for Neehama...bought some 27" Mudbugs from him...best price I could find and delivered in short order. The Mudbugs are great !!

My hunting partners had Mudlites...two machines had delamination problems..the other fellow had them on his Artic Cat side by side and his developed small holes similar to nail holes near the lugs.....from what I could see they are junk. Their opinions of them are a little more graphic than mine after a few hunts were messed up because of cruddy tires.

My Kenda Bear Claws are excellent.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Do not buy mudlites, there are crap every one I now that runs then has torn a side wall, I tore one the secound ride on them, the side wall is way to thin. Perelli makes the mudwiser, almost the same tread but a way stronger case. Bearclaws are a great all round tire, i have nothing bad to say about them, they do well in everything, I have heard a few say they wear fast, but never seen it. I ran gbc gators for a bit on my 700 grizz, but I found they kept pop the bead, but never had a flat. I am now running highlifter outlaws on my bike, and I love them, they work great, just don't get to close they shot out rocks big time, they grab and dig in any terrain, i got around 1500k on them so far and they are holding up real good, only had one flat and that was due to a nail. http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...0/P1010005.jpg

I run ITP mudlite radial XTR's on my 500 Rubicon. Put over 1200 km's on this year with no issues. A few weeks back I tore the valve stem off the left front wheel, with no air in the tire it didn't even look flat, just slightly bulged. I drove the rest of the day with no air in that tire and it did awesome.
    These tires have done everything I have asked of them, however I am not a hardcore rider like others are, but I do enjoy a challenge. Some folks here have said these tires are crap, but I get the impression that these folks are into extreme riding and need a tire that can take extreme abuse, and prehaps the mudltes are not the tire for that kind of riding.

Quote Originally Posted by gameslayer View Post
    It's time for a set of tires for my 700 King Quad I have ran the stock fairly none agressive dunlop tires for 3800 km but they are looking and feeling pretty bald now.
    Realizing it is all about what you want them for.
    I agree, I think it is all about what you want them for. Let me ask you a question. For the 3800 km you put on the stockers did you ever have to do a tire repair? If not, or if it was minor, then I would guess your riding style is a bit tamer, but I could be wrong. I think for casual to semi-aggresive riding, the mudlites make an excellent choice.

I have yet to do deep mud with my tires, but in mild mud they were fine. I have climbed and decended very steep, loose (pine needles), gravely hills with confidence. I have been in snow....slushy, hard pack, powder...and have been pleased with the performance. I was in very deep powder the other day and had to keep it revved out, but the tires kept paddling me forward. Downhill in that snow and I had snow coming over the front of the quad and I was accelerating. These tires don't do great in ice but what does? I was warned that these tires are grabby and it is true. If you have to watch it in the corners but once your used to it, it is fine. Drove past a tree once and over a tree root, tire grabbed and steered quad into tree and wanted to climb it.
    Last edited by Buckmeister; 01-01-2009 at 02:14 PM.

[quote=Buckmeister;386107]
    I agree, I think it is all about what you want them for. Let me ask you a question. For the 3800 km you put on the stockers did you ever have to do a tire repair? If not, or if it was minor, then I would guess your riding style is a bit tamer, but I could be wrong. I think for casual to semi-aggresive riding, the mudlites make an excellent choice.

I must admit I have never had a flat, but I am a fairly tame rider and mostly only use my quad to get around or game retreival instead of beating on my truck. I do get it stuck on occasion did it twice this year (gatta like having a winch). I did find the tires slipped a lot on big hills or towing moose even with only 200 km on them so wanted somthing a little more aggressive but does not wear fast. As well want somthing tough so when I do somthing stupid (just a matter of time) they hold up. Planning a trip next year that I will need to drive some seismic lines that are brutal from what I hear, so probably does not matter what tires I get I am getting stuck for that but that is only a small portion of my riding.

Purchased a set of tires off "Neehama" from this site. He talked me into a 26" pair of swamp witches and I must say I have been very happy so far. Aggressive tread, ride well on hard pack, absolutly smoked a piece of rebar (covered in long grass) sticking out from a divider right on the side wall. I bent the rim but the tire held up no problem. So far so good