Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best ATV tires ?

Re: What are the best ATV tires ?

Maxxis MudBugs. All you need to know. A bit squirrely on hardpack, to be sure....BUT, in two wheel drive I was running in places that I needed 4wd with the stockers before that....Mud, Deep Snow, Rock, loose gravel, loon poo, you name it, they will grab it and throw it...
    You will feel each tread bar hitting the ground though when you are going very slow on cement or pavement....

But its all a trade off really...Do you want a smooth high speed ride, or do you want to know that you can get through that mudhole or up that hill?

I vote for bearclaws, I have them, and I'm really happy with em. Awesome hookup in all terrains and long lasting.

Mud Lite ITP at 3 to 3.5 psi no problems so far

My brother has these on his Ranger and my cousin on his quad, seem to be pretty good. A little rough on hard road.
    http://www.mud-throwers.com/inc/sdetail/5628

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    I bought Kenda Bear Claws when my stockers finally began looking sad, and have been quite happy. No flats, great traction in mud and snow, and not much vibration on hard pan. Price was right too - about $350 out the door.
    Me too, about 5 years on them now. I'm not into power drifting on harder gravel surface, just normal riding and I am impressed with the wearability of them and like FD, their great in mud and snow. My kid put on Gators, super for mud and snow, but are teeth-rattling on harder surface, that diminishes when they wear down abit.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I have GBC gators and they rock, i am glad i didnt get the ITPs from what i am hearing. I had carlise badlands stock and they sucked, had to fill em up every time i used the quad. The gators are a lot heavier than anything else but your 700 should push them around no problem. There is a picture of my 27" gators on my 600 in the Jelvis quad pics thread.

HMMM Tim put Bearclaws on his and loves em.....I have been looking at the Mud lites Springer has em on his machine heard nothing but good..

they do come in 2 size treads XTR.. 1 1/8 " or the 3/4" tread the smaller Mud Lites... seems to be the most recomended size for general ATV use..not too lumpy..

I got quoted the BEST price out of Kamloops..

25x8-12....$73.95

25x10-12...$87.95

These fit my 2008 Honda 500..

quoted by Andrea @ RTR parts and service..(quote in writing lol)

ph 250-374-3141

cheers

Steven

www.wheelsportcanada.com

swamplites, the new SS Reptiles, bearclaws, are poplular..

I run 26 inch mudzillas on my 700 grizzly, they are rough on hardpack but they will eat up mud lites in the mud all day. They are quite a bit heavier and more expensive than mud lites but I wanted a very aggressive mud tire. They seem to be wearing really good nothing too noticable and I have 2300 km's on them so far. I might try the new Zillas that are out now on the next go around. They are supposed to be a lot lighter and they look just about the same only less aggressive.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by gameslayer View Post
    Trail Hunter
    I was looking at the gbc grim reaper tires as well with the 8ply side wall but have not seen the price tag on them yet.
    Fisher-Dude
    TheKenda Bear Claws look comparable to the ITP and the grimreaper 6ply like the ITP.
    i like the looks of the grim reapers aswell but i was told they wont be in canada for some time.

Ive owned bear claws aswell and loved them. The only draw back was the fronts had half the tread depth as the rears.

ive owned 26ich mudzilla's ( heavy,hard,ruff.......but unreally in the mud)
    Last edited by trailhunter; 12-29-2008 at 03:06 PM.