Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What are the best ATV tires ?

Re: What are the best ATV tires ?

Kenda Bear Claw EVO . . . good tire.

atvtirescanada.com

Cedar Tire in Nanaimo beat atvtirescanada on price.
    If you're interested, there are good discussions and formulas concerning un-sprung weight (tire/wheel) and it's effect on acceleration. Google search.
    This post brought to you in 'Honda red" . . . .

what's the best INEXPENSIVE tire?

As a first-time ATV owner, i can't believe the prices of some of these. more expensive than a car tire!!! Yet, they are smaller, built to much lower tolerances, and wear out a lot faster.

I'll have to replace mine next year .... '07 Honda Rubicon 500.

Kenda Bearclaw HTR.
    4000km on them and going strong. Zero flats, zero lost beads. I'm running 26/9/14 and 26/11/14. They added exactly 10lbs of tire per corner. A basic Quad Shop Customs clutch kit got my RPMs back exactly where they needed to be.
    A super solid 8 ply tire.
    I had a stick take out my tire valve and ripped completely from the front wheel. These tires solid and rigid enough I was able to drive out 15km on a complete flat without the tire getting damaged nor the tire coming off the wheel.
    Buy once, cry once.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1959 View Post
    check out atv tires canada and look at the traxion grippers i have a set of them with 3oooklms on them and they are unreal light and great traction in all condition and you wont be dissapointed no wear yet and i have had itp mud lites junk interco swamp lites very rough riding and lots of plugs kendla bear claws rough riding and these traxion gripper are smooth riding and unreal price total price includeing shipping from quebec to vancouver island 510.00 that for 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 4 tires check out there reviews also in picture they dont look like they are when you get them way bigger lugs
    Hmmm same here. .Traxion Grippers STUDDED for winter plowing..will be 3rd winter of abuse. .look new.
    Highly recomended..when IF my hunting tires ever wear out..ITP BAJA CROSS..over 10 years no flats.. I will replace them with Canadian made Traxion Grippers without studs...best quality ever..shipping from Quebec was included.
    buy once cry once.
    Do YOURSELF a favour check them out !
    cheers
    srupp

I’ve had the traxion nitro tires for 2 seasons now with some pretty hard riding and they hold up great. They do the job in mud and not a rough ride on gravel roads. I believe they come with3/4 tread depth

The Kawasaki shop in Salmon Arm is blowing out inventory.
    Bear Claws...……$100 a tire.
    Helmets...……….50% off.
    Couple decent deals on used street bikes.

Too bad I didn't need tires as I know what I paid for a set of those Bear Claws.

Go give Terry or Dave a visit.
    Great outfit to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm same here. .Traxion Grippers STUDDED for winter plowing..will be 3rd winter of abuse. .look new.
    Highly recomended..when IF my hunting tires ever wear out..ITP BAJA CROSS..over 10 years no flats.. I will replace them with Canadian made Traxion Grippers without studs...best quality ever..shipping from Quebec was included.
    buy once cry once.
    Do YOURSELF a favour check them out !
    cheers
    srupp
    I run the traxion grippers too and they have held up great for the past 3 years on a heavy can am defender. No flats and hardly any wear.

Hmm Tim put the Kendra on his honda trx300..not near the tire as either of my 2 sets..
    my hunting tires are the ITP baja cross 8 ply radials. .have 10 years on them..bear and moose..still over 50 %..left..outlasted my 2008 Honda..now on my 2019
    My second set of tires on rims are just for winter snow plowing..studded nearly 1 inch of tread..8 ply radial. .in 4x4..pushes a mountain of snow..these are the Traxion Gripper max.
    will be the next set I buy for hunting..will go without the studding.
    Check out the reviews, videos..the Kendra etc are not in the same league..IMO..
    running 4.4 pounds pressure. .front and back. .cold temp.
    Beast of a tire..superb smooth handling.double protected sidewalls..made in Canada..shipping included.
    dont go into the woods on tires that wont get you out of the woods..20 minutes driving..more than most can walk out ?
    Cheers
    srupp

I went with the Traxion Alpha tires. Excellent in my view, DOT approved and 8 ply sidewall.
    Went with same size front and back so they can be rotated.
    Had them delivered to North Island Motorsports free of charge because we were camping in the area.