Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best ATV tires ?

What are the best ATV tires ?

It's time for a set of tires for my 700 King Quad I have ran the stock fairly none agressive dunlop tires for 3800 km but they are looking and feeling pretty bald now.
    Realizing it is all about what you want them for. I want a tire that has a strong sidewall (have seen 3 shred this season from striking rocks), does not drive like a pogo stick on gravel roads & can do well in mud, bogs and snow.
    Thought I would ask some of the members what their experience have been like?
    I am considering the ITP mud lights, a buddy of mine has them, he has about 4200 km on them and they still have plenty of tread left. The only down fall it seems is they seem a little lumpy on the roads (could be the quad) and they dig down fast in deep snow and are getting pricey.
    A Big consideration will be price $$
    anyone know a great place to buy good deals on tires?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What are the best ATV tires ?

the itp mudlights are an awesome tire
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I bought a set of ITP mud lites (radials) for the rear on my Polaris 800 and they are an awesome tire.

Carl

PM "Neehama" from this site, hes the tire guy, might get ya a deal!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

What ever you do......dont listen to ANYONE that tells you ITP XTR's are the way to go. Me and 5 of my riding buddies own these tires and none of us will buy them again. I have upwards of 20 plugs in my sidewalls alone not to mention the 15 or so in my treds. 3 of use have multi plug holes in the side walls from rubbing rocks. They complete junk. That being said ive heard really good things about the new zilla's (better vertion to the mud zilla's) Im personly going GBC motorsport tires. Im not sure wich one yet but they have a great line up of tires this year.

http://www.gbcmotorsports.com/produc...commander.aspx

http://www.gbcmotorsports.com/products/dirt_tamer.aspx

http://www.gbcmotorsports.com/products/spartacus.aspx

http://www.gbcmotorsports.com/produc...t_devil_2.aspx

read some good reviews on all these...........my choise would be either the sparticus or zilla's

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I have Mud lite ITP's. They are AWESOME in the mud and the rocks, they suck in the snow! They do vibrate a little on the hard surfaces, but man they eat freakin mud up!!

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    PM "Neehama" from this site, hes the tire guy, might get ya a deal!
    yeah what he said.......i have dealt with him before for truck and car tires,he's the guy i would ask about tires.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    I bought a set of ITP mud lites (radials) for the rear on my Polaris 800 and they are an awesome tire.

Carl
    X2... I ride with about 10 other guys and I'd say half of us use these tires. Knock on wood, I've never had a problem with mine and all the other guys that I ride with seem to be very happy with them. They last a long time and they side walls can take a beating. They are expensive but then again, as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for."
    Originally posted by Yappy Yoodle Dog 02/04/08

Another question : Is it possible for me to re-take my CORE and get another hunter number so I can buy two hunting licenses and double my chances of killing something?

I bought Kenda Bear Claws when my stockers finally began looking sad, and have been quite happy. No flats, great traction in mud and snow, and not much vibration on hard pan. Price was right too - about $350 out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Thanks for the replies guy's,

I did not mention it but one of the sidwall blow outs was an ITP hitting a rock, (probably would have happened to any tire) probably saved my friend a lot of pain. He was day dreaming looking at the scenery and instead turning with the road he smoked a rock on the side and poped the tire, but bounced him back onto the road instead of down a bank into the tree's.
    Trail Hunter
    I was looking at the gbc grim reaper tires as well with the 8ply side wall but have not seen the price tag on them yet.
    Fisher-Dude
    TheKenda Bear Claws look comparable to the ITP and the grimreaper 6ply like the ITP.