Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chilcotin (God’s country) summer trip photos!

Re: Chilcotin (God’s country) summer trip photos!

more on Farwell canyon-see post #1

The historic “Pothole Ranch” in the “Farwell canyon” area surrounded by mountain cliffs reminds me of the
    “Recent Blacks Beach San Diego cliffs collapse”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RV9b6ZQBSw&t=23s

Farwell canyon-great photos/story
    https://explorenorthblog.com/boondoc...canyon-desert/

more on Farwell canyon & Pothole Ranch history
    HAPHAZARD HISTORY: Take a walk back in time at Farwell Canyon - Williams Lake Tribune (wltribune.com)

Been hunting the area (GOD’S COUNTRY) since the mid 60’s mostly with LT (LOVER308 ).
    Pothole Ranch-what’s left!
    Farwell Canyon / Pothole Ranch - British Columbia | Adventure Rider (advrider.com)

Video on the surrounding terrain
    Exploring Farwell Canyon, and hike to the largest Sand dunes in BC | Mavic Mini footage| Go Pro 8| - YouTube

Yes, over the years there has been some major slides in the area!

entering Pothole Ranch
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

video-More on Farwell Canyon in the “Wild West of BC”- HD (high definition)
    Another spectacular view of POTHOLE RANCH & immediate surrounding area- DRONE FOOTAGE

The Farwell Canyon in the Wild West of British Columbia HD - YouTube
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

more on Farwell Canyon

DESTINATION ADVENTURE by DUSTIN PORTER

Dig that background music

“Farewell Canyon is an incredible place to hike, spend the day and enjoy the amazing landscape. With the beautiful green river flowing past, the grass lands all around and the large sand dune in the middle, you will feel like you are in a different part of the world”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdmhKAL_HFU

more
    Farwell Canyon Backroads and 4x4ing in Junction Sheep Range Provincial Park. - YouTube

more
    Desert Canyon & Central BC Cariboo Overlanding | Overland Lady (moniquesong.com)

BC's biggest and one of the only few natural sand dunes in Canada.
    Wind is the primary architect when it comes to dune formation.
    See the huge hoodoos to the right of Pothole Ranch.

Photo from above

2 year old-another great video & beautiful scenery
    -at just before 3 min. is Farwell Canyon (also showing remains of POTHOLE RANCH).

Unbelievable fast bike control at Farwell Canyon / Coast Gravity Park with A.V. (Alex Volokhov) (in 2019)

A.V.-continued

Some fantastic scenery
    https://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/p...marketing-page

That young fella's nuts, lol. Thanks for those video's I really enjoyed them. I hunt that area and know it fairly well. I will be a little south of that spot in the late fall.

Just got a call from my old time hunting partner. Just got back from a deer hunt north of Gang & was successful.
    Said they saw 2 grizz -1 huge & 1 average not that far away at different times. Also saw 2 coyotes. No shortage of deer.

I was asked to come along but couldn't make it.