Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2023 mule deer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My 2023 mule deer

Well done and congrats.

In a burn, imagine that

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Well done and congrats.

In a burn, imagine that
    Thank you! Certainly not a monster but it came at the perfect time, wife was set to have surgery and this was my final day to get out hunting. Meant to be!

Right on man congrats! How old is the burn? All the best with your wife's surgery..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Right on man congrats! How old is the burn? All the best with your wife's surgery..
    it’s a 2021 burn. Thanks, she’s out of the hospital and doing pretty well all things considered. Hoping that things continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    it’s a 2021 burn. Thanks, she’s out of the hospital and doing pretty well all things considered. Hoping that things continue to improve.
    Glad she's doing well.... do you find burns are productive the first year after, or does it usually take 2 years or more then?

Glad she's doing well.... do you find burns are productive the first year after, or does it usually take 2 years or more then?
    Honestly this is the first season that I have ever hunted a fairly recent burn. With how fast areas are rejuvenated after a fire I would think the very next year would be good, along with the years after. The biggest thing is whether or not you can access it due to the closures that get put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Honestly this is the first season that I have ever hunted a fairly recent burn. With how fast areas are rejuvenated after a fire I would think the very next year would be good, along with the years after. The biggest thing is whether or not you can access it due to the closures that get put in place.
    Ya I've hunted and had success in older burns, but nothing that fresh...I'm not too concerned with hunting vehicle restrictions, I usually just hike into areas to hunt them anyway... how far was your pack out?

Congrats. Looks a little bigger than the 2x2 I knocked down.

I saw lots of deer already in areas from the fires this year. Surprised how fast they greened up. Didn't hunt there, but saw lots while driving through.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Ya I've hunted and had success in older burns, but nothing that fresh...I'm not too concerned with hunting vehicle restrictions, I usually just hike into areas to hunt them anyway... how far was your pack out?
    Honestly as easy of a pack out as you can get, he happened to drop on a skidder trail at the top of the hill. Downhill easy walking. That’s a first.