Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: electric goose calls

Re: electric goose calls

Quote Originally Posted by 870 View Post
    the taste is actualy quite shocking!
    Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    I thought they tasted revolting
    My understanding is that they're more Wattery.
    Member BCWF

Can't figure out why we would need E-Callers anyways? No offence D but I hope the resolution fails. JMHO K

well k.i would suggest that you dont use a robo duck or other such motion attractants,because its basically the same thing .hell you could consider your new deeks the same thing for that matter.we need to at least maintain the flock and with the exeption of this cold snap in the marsh this seasons adult kill will be a minimum compared to what we have seen in the last few years.if we cant knock down the numbers some,disease will do it for us.e calls will do the same as the robo duck,it makes a med. hunter into a good hunter and a good hunter finished quicker to make room for some one else to shoot some more.....no offence taken ...fowl
    Last edited by fowl language; 12-23-2008 at 11:16 PM.

I knew you'd come back with the Mojo comparison. Yes, i use a Mojo but that don't make it right either. I would be all for a total ban on them but until then I'll continue to use them. I got no problem with fancy decoys and the like but where do you draw the line. It will be the guy with the most money wins. You'll get guys with big honkin amps trying out out call the next guy then what, regulations governing decibels, then ya got CO's comen out measuring yer gear, what next?? If it's just the numbers yer worrying about maybe we could get some cannon nets, then ya wouldn't have them nasty holes in the birds. The problem is we don't have enough hunters to keep them in check, ecallers or not. Bag limits won't do dick all cause ya still don't have the shooters. I say let mother nature sort it out and leave well enough alone. We didn't have a problem with 20,000 birds in the 70's and 80's, maybe that's what we'll end up with after a die off? This is just my personal opinion, i guess we'll see what way it goes, but I don't wish ya any luck with it. P.S. Let me guess, you'll reply with, " You better not use an Ecaller when they're legal." To that I say, I will be one of the first guys to get one as it's the same thing that happened with the Mojo, if ya don't have one ya get out decoyed by the guy next to ya. Still don't make it right!! Merry Christmas! Kelly

I can see it now, " I'm hunting with so and so cuz he's got Dolby Digital with surround sound and Super Bird Buster amps. K

do you think we might get any new hunters with e callers.when the snow goose limit went up so did the number of mig.bird permit sales by 7 or 8 %.i agree to an extent that e callers will have the same effect as robo ducks,this wasnt just a willy nilly idea,ive researched this in the prairies with game dept. guides etc.and all agree that e callers not only inccreased mig.bird license sales but increased shooting oppurtunities. so on one hand it will hopefully introduce new hunters but it makes things easier for the experienced guys.we dont have to use them,but we also dont need to use 500 decoys but we shoulld have that right to be able to use them....we might as well try to get in some shooting till disease gets them . its true that the seasoned goose hunter doesnt need them but i hope it helps bring in new hunters.its a gamble that i think we should take especially on years like this when harvest numbers are down significantly. i see this aspect good for the bird population.ho ho ho ...fowl

Is this proposed just for Snows? If so, which I hope, but am probably wrong about, what happens when you have a flock of Canadas come in to yer set, take them or were they enticed by the machine? HUGE gray area there in my opinion. Another concern I have is, say something stupid happens and they allow them and then two years later there's a major correction attributed to mother nature with 15,000 birds remaining on the Pacific Flyway, what then?? And don't think for a minute that can't happen cuz it's happened before. If it's new hunter recruits that is driving this then I think it's So,So wrong, it's sending the wrong message I believe. Maybe I'm gettin old but whatever became of time and patience. It seems we are always looking for instant gratification. Good word eh?? Kelly

knowing that time and patients is the correct way to learn the fed believes we need to have more voices or we will eventually loss our ability to hunt, so this is the lessor of 2 evils.on your point of correction the game dept has the ability to recind the bag limit and use of e calls on short notice, as was the case of hunting on sundays in delta,all you have to do is get this info to the sporting goods stores and it spreads like wild fire,every body pretty muchly knew in 2 or 3 days.the e caller will be on snows only as it is in every other province from quebec west,i guess the question i have for you is how many times have you had canadas come to your snow goose set.personally i have never had canadas come into a set of snows,come and look yes but never within gun range.i dont feel this is an issue,but you dont have to shoot them if they did.......fowl

I love watchin' you two go!Personally I could care less about the Ecallers,I use em' for coyotes.I think Kelly is right Mother Nature will be the ultimate arbitrator,if the flock population drops,E callers and 10 bird limits will go too.As far as new hunters joining the sport to kill umpteen snows,I wouldn't be interested in hunting with them in any case.I had a lot of fun doing it the old fashioned way in the old days,and can see no reason to change!Happy Boxing day to both of you!Gunner

I am sure I am like many hunters in saying that using an E caller will increase the chances that I may participate in a particular style of hunting.

I started hunting coyotes after E callers were made legal, and I might start hunitng geese!

It's not so much about "instant gratification" it's just making the learning curve a little shorter. It's hard enough to get people out hunting, making one aspect of it a little more accesible is a good thing.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!