Thread: snow goose hatch update

snow goose hatch update

well fella,s i hate to be the bearer of bad news but got the report from dr.vasiili,the russian biologist at wrangell isl.apparantly the weather up to the nesting season was good and then a week or so before the nesting started an artic front moved inand dumped a pile of snow then got real cold.there is only a 5% juvinile survival. so we are going to be like 2 yrs. ago. good news for the farmers not so good for the snow goose hunter.....fowl

2. Site Sponsor

Re: snow goose hatch update

I guess I better cancel my ecaller then eh? K

no k. you shouldn,t cancel out as you might lose your deposit,i,ll just stop with the updates.....

Hey fowl,

You seem to know a great deal of information on these white birds. I was wondering, in the past 2 years my dad and I have shot 4 snowies in the Cowichan Valley. And we spotted two flocks located on the outskirts of Victoria on the farms, and a number of people are starting to see the odd one here and there and claim to have never seen one here before.

Do you think they are starting to look at Vancouver Island a little more?? Do you think maybe in a few years we will see them starting to pass through the island??

I am really facinated by these Snow Geese. I have done endless research on them and they are really neat birds. (AND GOOD EATING!! )

Longshot jr.

Thanks for the PM Dale.

Longshot jr.