Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Porcupine Caribou Hunt

Re: Porcupine Caribou Hunt

Real nice bous, all of them. Congrats.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Nice shots, thanks Mike!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

well done 325, must be incredible to see that amount of animals in one week,imagine if deer hunting was like that.

That sounds like an awesome way to hunt bous, and some dandys too! Thats still on my toodoo list!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Beautiful animals and country! Congrats!

Those are some real nice caribou you guided and took.Must be awesome to see so many caribou.Thanks for sharing your story and photos.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

who was the outfitter i would like to book a hunt hunted dall sheep in the yukon this year with kluane river outfitters and would like to go back for a caribou

I know Jim Fynk outfitts that area and takes some great animals His outfit is blackstone outfitters.Is this the outfitter you were working for 325?

I was working for Pete Jensen Outfitters, they are just south of Blackstone Outfitters on the Dempster Hwy. The hunt cost is @ $4400 plus you have travel and accomadation fee's, license & harvest fee's to the govt., taxidermy fee's etc. by the time you get home and put one on the wall it'll be @$7000 +
    Both of the outfitters have base camps along the hwy. During the Porcupine migration near the end oct. (usually), they have an agreement to hunt on each others areas depending on where the caribou might be crossing the road. Somewhere over 100,000 animals in the herd but you never know where there gonna cross.
    For more info check out the Yukon Outfitters Association or google search Porcupine Caribou.

Quote Originally Posted by 325 wsm View Post
    Tough old bugger......and he has a museum in Saskatchewan with animals from around the world.
    Is that museum in Assinaboia by chance?