Thread: New guy in town

New guy in town

Hi everyone. Im new to the world of hunting and have decided that duck hunting is something that appeals to me. I've got some basic gear, a shotgun and done lots of reading online. I was wondering for a guy like me what the best way to do this would be. I dont have a dog and my boat (rubber inflatable) is less than ideal. I live about 10 minutes from boundary bay but not sure if im capable at this point. anyways im looking forward to your feedback. Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

sneg is offline Born 2 hunt forced 2 work

Re: New guy in town

go to BB marsh and try passhooting.walk slough in the morning and try jump shooting.watch for tide. you want to be there at high tide.seat close to open water ,hide and you 'll get your ducks. hope you have your waders. BB is easy hunting with basic gear

pm me if you need partner

Quote Originally Posted by sneg View Post
    go to BB marsh and try passhooting.walk slough in the morning and try jump shooting.watch for tide. you want to be there at high tide.seat close to open water ,hide and you 'll get your ducks. hope you have your waders. BB is easy hunting with basic gear

be careful out there , some real assholes hunt out there

Thanks for the advice everybody. i guess my first trip out will have to be after christmas

Best advice I ever got: Shootum in the lips!!

And if you don't have a dog, get a fishing rod with some 40lb line and a real big spoon with a treble on it

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    Best advice I ever got: Shootum in the lips!!

And if you don't have a dog, get a fishing rod with some 40lb line and a real big spoon with a treble on it
    Haha yeah good advice. I was doing some fishing in the summer time while I was away for work up in Great Slave Lake and thats the gear we were using. They've pulled in 70 lb lake trout up there.

If you are looking for spots or someone to hunt with pm me and i will help you out

Welcome aboard!

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke