Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some new taxidermy

Some new taxidermy

Well just got back a few birds we got done up.

A very very fat beautiful drake mallard, a true northern migrating one. We shot a pair of them that came in, the other roasted up great

And a pair of specks that Matt and I shot in Region 3 while on our big game hunt. Even on a big game hunt, w seem to always find waterfowl somehow. Good thing we pack shotguns and steel loads incase.

Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 12-20-2008 at 05:12 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Some new taxidermy

Beautiful mounts, who did them? K

Terry Briskham out in Agassiz. Very good pricing I have to say. Both dead mounts are absolutely superb. They look awesome.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

those are some nice lookin birds. I heard Terry does nice bird work.

I like the "Falling Out of The Sky" look. Very unique.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

They do look like they're falling out of the sky dont they but actually the look is called a dead mount, supposed to look more like how the birds look after a hunt when you hang em up. Its a very popular style for waterfowl mounts.

The taxidermist kept saying how guys wanted to know when he'd finish those mounts, and he kept saying they are done. I guess most guys havent seen that style.

I was down at the vancouver gun club a couple of weeks back and they had a three bird hanging mount. A Mallard, wood duck and a pintail. Was pretty kewl looking. Wasn't a northerner like yours though. I like this. I am going to have to keep it in mind.

Dead mounts are pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

I recently saw this style of mount on an american Taxidermy website. I have to say that it looks awesome. Congrats on some beautiful mounts.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

what does it cost to get a duck mounted?