Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anchor point?

Re: Anchor point?

Ok. I just have to buy a release first, hopefully today if i can find one. Then will get the wife to snap a shot.

Here ya go. 28.5 draw.

Looks good to me.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

ok first off .. never ever ever draw your bow without an arrow nocked ... One touch of that release will cause a dry fire .. usually causes string to jump the cams and limbs to splinter ...amoung other bad things ....

no as far as form goes ..you might be a tad long as I see that you are leaning back a bit but just a bit ..so you can probally stand to shorten up the loop or get rid of it all together or go to the next shorter adjustment on the cam Moduals.

Also If I might add ... your hand looks like you are about 15 years old grabbing your first set of hooties ...relax it a bit ... it will result in less tourqe on your bow and more consistant shootin. Its hard to describe online but try to hold the bow on the meat of your palm with your knuckles making a line down and 45degrees away from the bow ..
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bowzone M is correct about the dry fire but in this case you need to use your best judgement on whether you want an arrow travelling at 300 ft per second through your living room? Its not good for your bow at all but may not explode every time. That answer is yours to figure out.

Bowzone also has a good point on your left fist being clenched on the bow, heed his direction and you'll be a much better shot!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

hahaha. I knew you would mention the possible dry fire but i trust myself ,and my arrows are barely long enough for this bow since i jacked the draw to max setting. Also i promised the wife that no arrow would go into the bow at picture time. I can let you speak to her but i wouldn't recommend it.I will ease up on my clenched hooter hand thank you. The leaning back thing i also notice but i think it might be because my back is killing me. I really appreciate the feedback everyone. This bow BTW is the bow that according to bow shop guy is definitely not long enough for me.

Hey Zedex. You look OK there. Try dropping your bow arm elbow down a little. Also it looks like your gripping your release pretty hard. Relax both hands a bit. Trust your wrist sling, your bow won't fall. And it's better to be 1/2" too short than 1/2" too long.

Now go buy a Burly Dead Stop bag and hang it with the centre at eye level. I say hang it because some arrows will protrude through the back side and you don't want holes in the wall.

Now stand five feet from your target, draw and aim briefly. CLOSE your eyes, relax everything and slowly squeeze the trigger. Don't drop your bow arm, but let it drift down naturaly while letting the bow tip forward.
    Resist the temptation to open your eyes when the bow goes off.

Shoot 5 or 6 arrows like this before or after every practice session.

Twenty arrows a day is way better than a hundred on the weekend.

I shoot in my basement all winter about two or three times a week.

Give me a shout in the spring and I'll help you get your first archery bear, and I'll video.

I am just under 5'10 and have a 29.5" draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BC4Bowhunter View Post
    If you 5'11 your nowhere near 30" draw I'm 5'10"and I'm a 28" unless you have really long arms. You want the nock of the arrow to be at the corner of your mouth. The back of your jaw is usually a good spot ,or below the ear. You want to anchor on a boney spot on your face if you can
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Bow Walker Guest

This is what BZM is talking about. That's a relaxed grip, allowing the bow grip to be firmly seated between thumb and first finger - but the bow hand is not grabbing the bow.

And yes - you do seem to be leaning back a bit, sore back or no. Shorten up about a half an inch and you'll be standing upright and much more at ease.

If you drop your bow arm shoulder a bit you'll lessen the strain on the elbow and you'll also develop a 'low-handed' grip, which will tend to keep your forearm free from string slap.

You're looking pretty comfortable as it is, but you probably could be more relaxed. Keep shooting. It's addictive, isn't it?