Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st day of the best freeze in years

Re: 1st day of the best freeze in years

Quote Originally Posted by zaconb View Post
    As for your "best friend" and hip soreness talk to your vet about Metacam, it will allow your pal to hunt a little longer and in comfort in the years to come.
    Cheers
    Rick
    Good suggestion, it works like a hot dam but unfortunately my male lab can't stomach it at all. He's got bad hips and had an episode where he couldn't even stand up. Gave him some metacam and within an hour he was back on his feet. The poor dog was vomiting and shaking to the point it was more painful to medicate him then not. Ended up putting him on aspirin for a month or so before I was able to ween him off. He's back to walking a round but doesn't get taken on long walks anymore. He just turned 12 and now is pretty much a house dog with the odd walk to the shore.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Hey Bob, looks like ya had some fun. I was out Sun.aft on the inside on the rise and it was very good. Plan was to only take greenheads until I tripled on the first flock and two were hens,oh well, next time. Who's dogs you looking at breeding with, I may be in the market. Gonna head out at first light tomorrow and giver a go as they're calling for snow. Keep up the good work. K

"I think it's 3, maybe 4-5 years since we had a hard freeze like this one"

Going back through some old pics, it was 2004.

All the earlier pics got deleted because I re-organized my photobucket albums and that screwed up the embedded URL---I've reinserted the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Hey Bob, looks like ya had some fun. I was out Sun.aft on the inside on the rise and it was very good. Plan was to only take greenheads until I tripled on the first flock and two were hens,oh well, next time. Who's dogs you looking at breeding with, I may be in the market. Gonna head out at first light tomorrow and giver a go as they're calling for snow. Keep up the good work. K
    My friend hasn't made a decision yet to go ahead with the idea so this is all just wishful thinking on my part at the moment but if he does I'll let you know Kelly--if it goes ahead the pups should be deadly hunters because his females and Jake are deadly on every thing they do---long retrieves (both open water and field), marking birds (even the fly away and die kind), swimming in circles searching for diving cripples, following a scent trail on water or field, finding pheasants--and they all have top notch papers.

Much better story with the pics in. Nice haul as well. I'm hoping to get out this week but the cold makes farming tough. We will also be looking for a lab pup sometime in the not too distant future so be sure and let us know if it happens.

Good hunting;
    John

That looks like the estuary by Reifel Bird Sanctuary, is it?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Don't matter, too far for you anyways! It's been very good the last few days, ask yer Dad if he wants to get out. I'm goin again in the morn. but he can also come on the weekend iffin he wants. K

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    That looks like the estuary by Reifel Bird Sanctuary, is it?
    It's in that area.