Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: “Hard Working" Tunkwa Buck

Re: “Hard Working" Tunkwa Buck

Hey Slapper where you the guy I talked to at tunkwa that was heading home for a bit until the weather changed (me 2008 black/tan f-350) ? Good on ya for sticking to your guns maybe see you up there next year

Quote Originally Posted by happygilmore View Post
    I kid I kid... if you heard barking it was probably the 100+ huskies that one guy keeps out there you can hear them all the way down the valley, he trains them by having them pull his quad.
    That was Mike and Dana who used to be the caretakers at the provincial park but have since moved on.

I have seen wolves northeast, east, west, south of Tunkwa. If you spend enough time in the bush you'll see them everywhere.

There is a small pack over at Beaverhouse Lake two km. away from Tunkwa.

Piper! ... yes, that was yours truly! Good talking to you up there. Too bad on the "last light" big 5x5 you were trying to connect on! Hope you faired well after I left.
    I was getting just a little fed up with the weather. Every time I would head up expecting minus temps or snow, it would never materialize. Slow rut, bad weather ... I was begining to think it wasn't in the cards this year. Proves out if you put in the time (5th trip lucky!), things have a way of working out.
    I will definitely see you back there next November. Cheers

BS

Hey Ross, their still trying to start their quad, good way to to train for the ID, never knew it.
    Hope I can help out.

RB

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlapper View Post
    Piper! ... yes, that was yours truly! Good talking to you up there. Too bad on the "last light" big 5x5 you were trying to connect on! Hope you faired well after I left.
    I was getting just a little fed up with the weather. Every time I would head up expecting minus temps or snow, it would never materialize. Slow rut, bad weather ... I was begining to think it wasn't in the cards this year. Proves out if you put in the time (5th trip lucky!), things have a way of working out.
    I will definitely see you back there next November. Cheers

BS
    Perhaps an HBC hunt/campout would be in order! I would love to come back for a historical event such as that!

I'm in, must remember to bring lots more red wine and cigars!!!! Ya BigSlapper I shot a 4 by 4 mulie, love the hunting by myself thing, can be a bit more work but the solitude is great. I'll have to look at a calander for next year as I have work in 100 Mile so I will try and book the same time. Well it is off to Renfrew to check on the trailer and pick some chanterelles for the moose tenderloins tonight.
    Last edited by Piperdown; 12-03-2008 at 09:16 AM.

I have already booked in for November 10th (7 days) ... hope to see you there.