Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethics question?

Re: Ethics question?

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    All that said, the end result is still meat on the table.
    I haven't been duck hunting in a long time, probably 15 years. I always enjoyed wingshooting personally and I'd wait to shoot until then - but we weren't depending on them for food either. I hunt grouse all the time, and I'll take them either off the ground or treed, its a little hard to pick them with a .22 while flying!

And legal meat on the table, in the end thats all that really matters. Sportsmanship is the first day attitude, meat on the table is the last day attitude!! I'm sorry, I really couldn't resist saying that (many times I've had to resort to the latter of the two attitudes lol). LR

sneg is offline Born 2 hunt forced 2 work

Re: Ethics question?

For me biggest enjoyment is to call ducks in and let them land. I shoot when I see duck really commit to my decoys or land than I stand up and flush it and have good sporting shot at distance I m comfortable with. I do not understand pass shooting,when someone shooting well beyond reasonable shooting zone, just for chance that some single pellet hit poor duck or snow geese. No work done here ,seems live target shooting only.And they never care if dead or wonded bird fall down in some unreachable place. If person is not comfortable to wing shoot ,but hit only sitting ducks than let it be and do not discourage it. This is more ethical to me than any high sky wing shooting. Every hunt I see number of birds wonded by hunters sitting on side of the road in their casual dress and hoping that killed duck or goose will fall down exactly in their back pack.