Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting 3-19

Hunting 3-19

Been out hunting in Region 319 and saw 19 cow moose. none having calves with them. Does anybody else find this weird, or is it like this all over? Or is it that all the bulls are being killed off? Is it time to start worrying? Can we rely on the government system to make sure that there's always game in our area? Could the first nations' kill be affecting the government's monitoring of the game in the area because they don't report their kill?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting 3-19

Ouch 19 cow moose and not one calf or immature hanging with em is disturbing. Maybe this requires a email asking questions to the Kamloops branch?

I'll assume your bull count wasn't that great and/or non existance?

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showph...cat=511&page=3

Watch that link. I'm sure the 160,000-200,000 black bears in B.C have something to do with it!

first nations POACHING in that area is a big problem, i witnessed them kill 2 nice young bulls last year there, it was sickening.

if its first nations shootin 2 nice bulls how is it poaching???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

ex bc guide Guest

I was moose hunting in dawson last 2 weeks of september and I only seen 2 sets of cow calfs.I did see lots of dry cows and lots of bull moose that were not legal.
    Mike

For bulls you might have to hunt with your legs more and look into the bush around where you see the cows cause bulls hide a little deeper in the shadows of the surrounding bushes. It is kinda wierd you seeing all those cows in one day? Native hunters don't just have to kill bulls they can shoot cows or calves so I don't know your reasoning on that part. Jel

I work beside 3-19, this am I saw 8 moose and I sure 3 were calves.Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by shoot to kill View Post
    first nations POACHING in that area is a big problem, i witnessed them kill 2 nice young bulls last year there, it was sickening.
    Indians dont poach, they have a right to these resources. Oh no, two moose shot...so sad! First nations all across BC rely on NATURAL RESOURCES for food, social, and ceremonial purposes. Allocation works this way:Conservation is always put ahead of FN, then comes FN, then commercial (none for hunting), and then us. Thats the way that salmon are allocated as well.
    Before you go calling people poachers for killing 2 young bull moose maybe you should educate yourself. In my opinion, i have no problem with FN having more of a right to BC wildlife than what i have. From what i have seen, many of the FN people i know use every bit of meat off an animal. How many white people do you see eating moose nose? deer kidneys? moose stomach? Not many, right?

I know parts of 3-19 like the back of my hand and I've seen more cow calf groupings in recent years than I ever have before. Hunter pressure is still there if not heavier. The few native hunters I've run into are just looking for the easiest harvest as opposed the biggest rack or focusing on calves.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!