Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Moose 46" 8-08

Re: First Moose 46" 8-08

Nice bull and good on ya for givin 'er till you found him to finish him off.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Nice bull, worth all the hard work, good on you. Don't let the saints get to you, did the right thing finding the bull. Congrats.

Ya From tracking it and what i saw in the scope when i hit it i knew there was no whay in good concience i was going to give up on it. It couldent even use its leg and when i did find a print of that leg the hoof was crooked by 45 degrees and there was arcs of blood splatter from the floping.

As far as dispatching the moose i was standing right beside may partner and shooting at the same time so no one can accuse me of letting someone else kill my LEH bull. Besides i put a insurance/humane shot in the brain once it was down just in case.

All in all one for the story book.

THanks for all the support.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahDawg View Post
    The HBC saints strike again.....Great bull and good on ya for tracking it down through the thick shiite. Congrats.
    I knew it was coming.
    Good moose and the right decisions in my mind under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Glad the bull was found, but having someone help shoot your LEH animal is illegal whether or not it was the right thing to do.

Wasn't trying to be a saint but more along the lines of letting him know that that is illegal and if he was to tell that story to a CO. Guess what he's in crap.There was a large debate on here a few months ago about the whole LEH/GOS two shooter positions.

I posted that I was happy the animal was found cuz I am. Would have been a waste, but I am sure we can all agree that having all of us follow the laws of hunting will only benefit us all in the long run.