Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Creek Outfitting?

Re: Blue Creek Outfitting?

Does Stan accompany you on the trail or does he just drop the horses / equipment off - provide training and then you're on your own?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    Does Stan accompany you on the trail or does he just drop the horses / equipment off - provide training and then you're on your own?
    I am sure he would ride with you for a time to get things sorted out- Part of the training. If you are good to go on your own, you just take the horses.

He doesn't offer any sort of packer/guiding services, though. He made that very clear to us on the telephone and in person, a number of times.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Stan is top drawer in my books. Been to his classes for pack outfitters, rented his horses and had him spend some time with us in Kelowna. You will find no better, he is not a guide but a heck of great guy to hook you up with horses and knowledge for a trip. And yes hunting trips with horses can be different than expected, I went first week in Oct with two other fellows and it was an eye opener, but we had a great time and all worked out. Trust him, he won't let you down.

I ran into a bunch of his rentals way up north. The guy who used the horses had used him a number of times and swears by his services. I would definitley consider giving his services a try. Put the guys also into a good area and they got some animals.

Is Blue Creek licensed to operate in the Park? As far as I know there are only two legal transporters on the Tuchodi. Riverjet and Liard Air.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

Since all you're doing is renting horses....this may be a "step around" the packer rules. No different than renting a jetboat....an ATV ...or whatever.

Where does Steamboat fit in?? Are they outside the MK area??

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Where does Steamboat fit in?? Are they outside the MK area??
    Jeff operates in 7-50 and 7-54, inside the MK.
    But the MK is not a park.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Transporters must fall under a differnet definition. Tetsa River Outfitters and Steamboat Mountain Outfitters work in that northern area, supplying camps and horses. The fact they ride along mus tbe only to babysit the horses
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

My understanding is this:

Transporters/Packers can pack you in, set up camp, cook for you, drop you off somewhere so you an go hunt on your own while they take the horses, load/unload horses, and tuck you in at night, as long as they don't "guide" you to game. I think that includes saying "Hey,t here is a nice moose over there!"

Stan doesn't do any of that, other than show you by instruction. In fact, I don't think he even loaded one of our panniers during demonstration, we woudl load our own, and he would say "put the rope that way" etc.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Sounds interesting! but disorganized that's not what I like to hear.

Are there any others that have a service like Blue Creek Outfitting?

Please share information I would like to make an informed choice.

Thank you