Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blue Creek Outfitting?

Re: Blue Creek Outfitting?

When I say disorganized I meant extra time fiddling around getting ready before we hit the trail!
    Stans horses were great and all the gear worked well! I don't know of anyone else that lets you take there horses and off you go!
    The more horse/packing knowledge you have the better off you'll be!
    It was a great experience!!!
    Every Man dies, not every Man truly lives!
    www.artisticwildlifecreations.com

I think a misunderstanding is being portrayed here, disorganized is more of a difference of state of mind. Horsemen do not run at the same pace as office men such as myself. I love to leave the desk and spend time in the wilderness but Stan lives the wilderness, his time line is not mine and the way he sorts things out is not my way. But, when I slow down to his methods, I find that the change from my world to his is much calmer and mellower. Working with horses is not for those who want to make things happen, you work slowly and gently - do that for life time and yep - he is who he is.

4570 Hunter:

Call Larry @ Tuchodi River Outfitters for an organized almost military precision operation. They have taken a few Blue Creek clients who
    really wanted to get an animal and not have to deal with horses.

I was the third BC resident sheep hunter, (the one before me was a previous Blue Creek client) in with them this year and have rebooked for 2010. That will also be my third time in with them.

Fantastic hunting once you get away from the jets and highly skilled crew.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

Quote Originally Posted by David Heitsman View Post
    4570 Hunter:

Call Larry @ Tuchodi River Outfitters for an organized almost military precision operation. They have taken a few Blue Creek clients who
    really wanted to get an animal and not have to deal with horses.

I was the third BC resident sheep hunter, (the one before me was a previous Blue Creek client) in with them this year and have rebooked for 2010. That will also be my third time in with them.

Fantastic hunting once you get away from the jets and highly skilled crew.
    Arent' they a 'regular" outfitter? I expect that would be much more expensive than renting horses...How much was thier fee?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Hey even i have met Stan.and yes i have read his book the Cordillera!
    What a crazy ride he went on through the rugged North of BC. Lasted a couple months I believe. His partners abandoned him but he finished on his own.

He also has a very impressive Stone Sheep done in a full mount in his House.
    He puts on packing courses or something that i think would be a great trip and you would learn a ton from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Or bear spray to the face of a packhorse

Yeah, that was pretty funny once we were sure everyone was alright and later found out why we had a rodeo in the thick woods....

Just to clear something up for the people who assume he is like any other packer/outfitter business....he's not.

He is a rental outfit only.

He cannot touch your gear, he cannot tell you where to go, he cannot help you transport your game, he cannot do anything besides instruct you on how to run his horses, supply you with all the necessary camp gear (he has everything you will need for a basic camp), and supply you with maps of trails and country *you choose* to head into. He will meet you at the trail head. You are on your own after that and he has faith you will bring back his animals alive. We took 21 horses in on our trip and split up into groups later.

HE OFFERS EQUIPPED DO IT YOURSELF TRIPS

I'v kept in touch with Stan over the years. Gatehouse and I went on a trip up Richards creek using his outfit and it was a bit crazy but a good trip overall. Stan was hunting the same country as us filming for a sheep bowhunting dvd he had been working on so we got to spend a litte time with him out in the bush. Unfortunately he lost his HD Cam and was rather upset and didnt get much hunting in. That's too bad. Stan for years held the Pope and Younge #1 Stone Sheep. I think it was beat in the last 2 years though.

Stan makes little money doing this. It's a way of life for him tha's all. His book was mentioned above....a good read. You will understand the man once you read his book. That kind of determination is one in a million....

If you are looking for someone to transport you and put you into their spot and come and pick you up then Bluecreek Outfitters is not what you are looking for. Stan offers access into the north east part of BC for a third of the cost of what some of the packers and outfitters are offering so if you think you have what it takes to do it yourself then I recomend you try his outfit out.

yep, that sums it up