I almost always hang my game "Hide On". Skinning is a little harder but in the long run you don't have to deal with the second skin that forms otherwise. The worst part is your hands get cold skinning, but a pair of tight fitting gloves takes care of that. Nice to hear a few guys giving it some thought because it is not the norm from previous threads around here. You won't be sorry.

On a side note that has also been debated lots of times. I also leave the hide on when it is warm out. As long as it is cooling down over night, the day time temps are not to much of a worry. The bugs are a bigger issue.

Here's my theory. The body temp of a fresh kill is higher than the outside temp. It's going to take at least 12-18 hours to cool off. Therefore the outside temp will have no effect in the cooling, other than slowing it down. Get the animal hung in the shade if possible, chest open. The next morning the body temp will be lower than the temp outside. The hide will now do exactly the opposite of what it was meant to, It will now insulate the animal from the heat rather than the cold. During the day when it's too hot and you're in camp anyways, I like to have a little smudge fire under the hanging animal to help keep the flies off. Sun goes down, the bugs leave, and you go out for an evening hunt. I've done this upwards of 7 days with a moose. 22c during the day and -1 or -2 over night. It can be a little nerve racking trying to convince your hunting buddies, but once they see it works, they come around. If it's not cooling down close to freezing over night like our elk hunt this year I wouldn't do it but there was even one elk I was seriously considering it on our last day, only because the sun was about to go down in a couple hours and there was a very good breeze while we were hanging it

Also to note, when it's cold out it also helps keeping the hanging meat from freezing solid up to a point of course depending on the temperature.