Thread: Beginner Reads!!

Beginner Reads!!

Want to get into a bow by next season, starting some research into bows, arrows...etc. Wondering if any of you seasoned bow hunters have some online pages that could help a guy out? so far my research as shown that there a lot of things to think about when buying a bow!! Thanks for any and all help!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Beginner Reads!!

The main thing with a bow is that it fits you. I recommend starting with a mid range new bow(because if you can't shoot that spending more money won't help you) and some one with know how to teach you hands on.I would go to a proper archery shop(not a sports store)and find out your draw length,eye domanice and find what is comfortable to you.If you want to be ready for next year I would get a bow a bow and start to practice as soon as you can.

my tips for new archers are

1)proper form is a must
    2)keep the same anhcor point(with out doing this sighting in is a wast of time)
    3)practice when ever you can
    4)don't try to pull too much weight (if you can't shoot your bow comfortably in all position it is too much weight )

There is way more than what I have listed but I hope this helps

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

You could also do a search on this site. There is alot of great info from guys that really know there stuff.
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

I was in the same boat as you about a year ago. There is a lot to know about archery equipment, and to fully equip a bow the way you want it can be challenging when you don't yet know what you want...
    I personally think the best way is to find a pro shop and spend some time talking with the experts. After talking with the owner of the pro-shop in my area, and looking at a few options, I ended-up buying a package, so that everything you need comes with the bow. I got the PSE Stinger and love it. It was a relatively inexpensive way to get into bow hunting with a quality bow. Now that I have several thousand arrows and a big-game kill behind me, I feel somewhat more seasoned, and if I bought another bow, I would buy each componant seperately....but honestly, there is nothing any other hunting bow will do that my little Stinger will not...
    A warning though......bow hunting is like crystal meth....hard to stop once you try it.

Bow Walker Guest

Buy a bow hunting magazine and start visiting the websites that are listed with all the manufacturers and suppliers. Lots of good info. Tons of interesting sites to visit and mine for both technical and anecdotal information.

Quote Originally Posted by .308win View Post
    Want to get into a bow by next season, starting some research into bows, arrows...etc. Wondering if any of you seasoned bow hunters have some online pages that could help a guy out? so far my research as shown that there a lot of things to think about when buying a bow!! Thanks for any and all help!!

Perry
    www.bowzone.ca Started by Bowhunters for All Archers ....CDN site ... lots of Info .... Best shooters in Canada freqent it
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    www.bowzone.ca Started by Bowhunters for All Archers ....CDN site ... lots of Info .... Best shooters in Canada freqent it
    Thanks Mikey - but my brother shoots way better than I do...

Thanks guys!....This is going to drive me nuts until I actually decide what I want and actually get it in my hands!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!